speed skool.......

Started by art b, September 18, 2008, 03:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art b

had the pleasure of 3 hrs in a class room last nite with 9 fellow criminals,
2 was caught doin 32,
4 were caught at 34,
and 3 of us were caught at 36,
the cut of limit for attendance is ....38 in a 30.....

it was ok apart from being an hour to long,and one of the tutors/preachers was in his 70s and lived in a dream world of perfect driving while wearing a trilby.....

one tw@t told us he only went through a camera over 30 because he had a sneezing fit.......
the hazard perception side of it was worthwhile, but some thing your well aware of while riding a motorcycle, i think most peeps gained a little bit out of it,but i bet some will be caught yet again....

funny how they have years of stats, with regard to road saftey and the accident reduction rates.......BUT when i asked about the amount of revenue that the goverment has made over the years ....they were reluctant to reveal a figure....
beats getting the 3 points though
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Cunning Plan

Quoting: art b
2 was caught doin 32

I thought they gave you 32 as the +10% thing?
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

HardRockCamaro

Home office guidelines state:

Speed limit + 10% + 2mph = 35 (in a 30).

But with money up for grabs they'll get you for whatever they can and guidelines or no, what judge is gonna let you off when no matter if it's 31, you're still over the limit?

Roadkill

I believe Northamptonshire has a "zero tolerance" law on speeding.

Cunning Plan

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
But with money up for grabs they'll get you for whatever they can and guidelines or no, what judge is gonna let you off when no matter if it's 31, you're still over the limit?
Quoting: Roadkill
I believe Northamptonshire has a "zero tolerance" law on speeding.

Agree with both of you but I figured it was LAW that they gave you the % as inaccuracys with speedos etc.

Also, most modern cars have to over-read by a certian amount (havent got any data infront of me right now) so potentially you could be reading 40mph but only doing 35mph which the govt. should give you.  

Its a bit worrying if they have been had such low speeds.  Not that i ever go through speed cameras fast, i always slow to about 25-28mph just to make sure...  

Roadkill

Quoting: Cunning Plan
Agree with both of you but I figured it was LAW

Each county has the right to alter and amend I believe.

Speedos, as you say, read over . . therefore if it says 30mph your probably doing 27mph.

Therefore to get caught doing even 32mph means your speedo was reading 35-36mph and there's no excuse for that.

Fair's fair.  I'm no fan of speed cameras but if the speed limit is clearly posted and you get caught that's it.

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
I'm no fan of speed cameras but if the speed limit is clearly posted and you get caught that's it.

Agreed but I spend more time looking at my speedo trying to make sure I never go 30mph than I do watching where I'm going
Then add in Joe average driver who is sat 2" off your rear bumper because you dare to obey the MAXIMUM 30mph speed.

How can that add up to increased road safety

Cunning Plan

Quoting: F Body
Agreed but I spend more time looking at my speedo trying to make sure I never go 30mph than I do watching where I'm going
Then add in Joe average driver who is sat 2" off your rear bumper because you dare to obey the MAXIMUM 30mph speed.

How can that add up to increased road safety

Totally agree, you try driving round places like Northampton, Birmingham etc etc and actually look at the road, try to find the right route, keep to the speed limits, keep the d1ck heads away from the back of your car AND try to not run any red lights and getting flashed by another camera is pretty dam hard going.

Fieldy

ah, multi tasking....

you can either do it, or you can't

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Fieldy
girls can either do it, or they can't

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body

Yeah, agreed, but that's not the speed cameras' fault - it's the idiot tail-gating drivers !