Presenting.....Minty!

Started by philoldsmobile, October 06, 2008, 01:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

No, its not mint condition (although it is very presentable) - the last time i saw these sort of colours it was coming out of an Aquafresh tube!

(1990 Honda CBR600F  BTW...)

FUBAR

If it keeps you happy thats fair enough
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

philoldsmobile

the GPz was valued for the insurance recently, and the valuation was quite a shock (considerably higher than i thought, it was valued in person while at its MOT, not by photo, too) only further reinforcing the need for a general use big bike, to save the GPz for only the best weather..

philoldsmobile

for £700 i cant complain.

i wasn't specifically looking for a CBR, but it did fit the criteria perfectly, it needed to be 400 - 600cc, and preferably 4 cylinder, capable of long ish trips without discomfort, but also to be able to have some fun on sundays.

i intend to take it on a track day next year, too

other candidates were GPZ / GPX 600, Yamaha XJ600 and suzuki GSX600F

the two preferred bikes were the CBR and the GSX, with this CBR coming up on ebay and looking to be a sound tidy bike.

if it were purely a fun bike for me, it would have been a GSX-R 1100 or an FZR 1000, or possibly even a GPZ 1000 RX / ZX10 or CBR 1000 F

part of the brief though was that ian can ride it, and frankly putting a novice on anything bigger than a 600 is simply irresponsible, plus the notoriously torturous GSX-R 1100 riding position would be vary hard on runs down to swindon.

art b

looks a treat ....
cant wait to have a spin on it.....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

philoldsmobile

feel free.. i'll likely be taking it to the north london meet on saturday..

EDGE

HOLY HELL... Its the north london meet

who knew....

FUBAR

Quoting: EDGE
HOLY HELL... Its the north london meet      

who knew....

hehehe  owned

HardRockCamaro

So does this mean we can expect a new Minty Fresh Power Ranger, now with Flouride?

EDGE

the fluride ranger....... awesome....

Ponti

Love the colour, nice looking bike.

philoldsmobile

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
So does this mean we can expect a new Minty Fresh Power Ranger, now with Flouride?

indeed...

philoldsmobile

FUBAR