Who does car transportation

Started by CJ-IROCZ, November 12, 2008, 03:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ-IROCZ

I've sold the car to a guy in Rotterdam and we're trying to work out the best ways to get it there.

We've had quotes from shipping companies that would collect it from my door and drop it to his.

If I had the time I would do it myself and pocket the wedge but I haven't.

So anyone know anyone who does this sort of thing

They would have to pick the car up on a trailer from Plymouth, drive it to Harwich and then get the ferry service to Rotterdam(just outside the city) Where matey would meet you

Incursus

Roadkill

Sounds like a hell of a road trip !

I can't tow but I'd certainly lend a hand if PhilO was willing.

Fieldy

CJ-IROCZ

There is the option for him to get a transporter company to collect from the ferry so it would mean collecting it and then taking it over on the ferry and then passing it on to his tranporters

Motorama

When i send cars to Sweden i just drop them off at the ferry depot in Tilbury, DFDS staff load and unload them on the boat and my customer picks them up at the depot the other end. I've sent maybe 20 cars to Sweden this way with no problems what so ever.

Might be worth speaking to the ferry people to see if this is possible then all you have to pay for is the road transport over here.

if you are looking for the best road transport prices go to

http://www.cartransportbroker.co.uk/quote_uk_single_units.htm\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.cartransportbroker.co.uk/quote_uk_single_units.htm

fill in the form and several companies will contact you. I got quoted £175 to bring a car from Blackpool to me which is amazingly cheap, it would have cost me close to that in fuel to collect it my self

CJ-IROCZ

Thats spot on mate.

I've rang the port and they offer an unacmommanied service for £164

So its just getting it there

v8mad0

If I can help in some way give us a shout

philoldsmobile

CJ-IROCZ

All sorted. I think he is getting a door to door service.

Thanks for the help everone

Roadkill

Cool.  

Sad that it's going, but cool that the guy's serious enough about it to do all that.

Fieldy

hope it gets the future care deserved