Good Day...Bad Day

Started by ianjpage, January 25, 2009, 06:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianjpage

Well yesterday was the good day / bad day combination...

Good Day

Went to USAutos and picked me up a new rotor arm and dizzy cap so fitted them to the truck...

Old Rotor
http://www.yanksrule.co.uk/cars/Safari/jan09/240120091088.jpg\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

Titsy

Bummer about the tyre... But on the plus side you're going to save heaps on fuel looking at the state of that rotor and cap... That must have been murdering your ignition...

Roadkill

Yep, the second I saw the old cap and arm I knew they were fooked.

The originals, too.   Shocking, really.

F Body

Slightly different than the one on our GMC

The old dizzy cap on our GMC had actually burnt away most of pins and I assumed it was just firing by arcing across the gaps

Lets hope the mpg improves

ianjpage

Quoting: Titsy
Bummer about the tyre...

yeah tis a bit - wou;d have liked more than 8 months out of it but hey ho such is life!

Tis a fairly nice chunky screw in there as well....at least it not a tiny shard or summat that would add insult to9 injury

But on the plus side you're going to save heaps on fuel looking at the state of that rotor and cap... That must have been murdering your ignition...

Quoting: F Body
Lets hope the mpg improves

yeah lets hope so - i dont think it could get any worse really lol..

Quoting: Roadkill
Yep, the second I saw the old cap and arm I knew they were fooked.

The originals, too.  Shocking, really.

Yeah they did last well though 200,000 miles on the orignial cap and rotor cant be bad!!

v8mad0

That sucks about the tyre, hope the vans all sorted for ya now Ian.

ianjpage

Quoting: v8mad0
hope the vans all sorted for ya now

so do i lol!

Titsy

Quoting: ianjpage
yeah tis a bit - wou;d have liked more than 8 months out of it but hey ho such is life!

I had new boots on the rear of the maro a couple of years back and picked up a screw within 2 weeks of having them.... Let's just say the air turned blue....

Luckily they were able to plug it and did it for free cuz I went back to the place that fitted them... If it hadn't been fixable it would have been £80 down the drain in 2 weeks...

HardRockCamaro

Toyo used to offer a free replacement tyre or a credit towards a new one equivalent to the tyre wear (so if half tread depth you got half off) for punctures caused by road debris.

I noticed it was offered in a tyre place I went to in the USA, if you paid an extra $10 per tyre.  Well worth it...  Some guy came in with a Bronco and they swapped it for him, no quibble...

ianjpage

I had new boots on the rear of the maro a couple of years back and picked up a screw within 2 weeks of having them.... Let's just say the air turned blue....

Oh yeah i can well imagine that was a bit, how shall we say, annoying!!!

ianjpage

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Toyo used to offer a free replacement tyre or a credit towards a new one equivalent to the tyre wear (so if half tread depth you got half off) for punctures caused by road debris.

Tis a good idea, would be nice if more of them offered this...

ianjpage

well puncture repaired yesterday thanks to Tires Direct - 15 quid to replair & balance it

F Body

Quoting: ianjpage
15 quid to replair & balance it

Result

Roadkill

Tyres Direct do indeed Rock.

ianjpage

Quoting: Roadkill

Tyres Direct do indeed Rock.

Yeah very handy place!

Bit f***d off today though - vicky went to go work this morning in the truck and seems some little f***r decided it be funny to bend the aerial at right angles .... this is after the mirror was smashed about a month ago.....grrrrrr