Bwahahahahaaa . . <breathe> . . Bwahahahahaaa . . .

Started by Roadkill, January 20, 2009, 06:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220348179189&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:GB:1123\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220348179189&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:GB:1123

Just spoke to the guy selling this  via email . . . I asked what he wanted for it, "complete", bearing in mind it's missing a decent motor, bonnet and shed loads of other bits . . . . . .

His reply ?

£3,000 !!!

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Titsy

Good luck to him.... How many '58's are there in the UK? Not many i'm guessing which kinda limits his market...

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
£3,000 !!!

:Missing parts: :Rust:  :Dreamer:

ianjpage

Roadkill

Quoting: Titsy
How many '58's are there in the UK?

Dunno - less than a hundred.

That's a Coupe so you could say less than 50 of those . . .

Flip Martian

Roadkill

I was interested in a few bits and some glass . . . the rest I was gonna bury in the back garden a-la Cadillac Ranch.

ianjpage

Quoting: Roadkill

I was interested in a few bits and some glass . . . the rest I was gonna bury in the back garden a-la Cadillac Ranch.

Motorama

£3000 is a bit ambitous although if he dis assembled it and sold it as parts he would still do quite well.

If the other engine is any good it's not uncommon to see them sell for £800 to £1000 and the gearbox another £300 or so. Other bit and pieces at £50 here and there would soon mount up.

Trouble is you need the space to break it, the space to store the parts, and the time to list the bits over and over again.

HardRockCamaro

I thought RK was being a bit unfair, I was under the impression it qas a bit rusty and had no motor.

Then I clicked and saw the pic...

3 grand!!!  

Someone is having a very large giraffe!

art b

its a shame it was ever left to get into that condition....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon: