What do you think is wrong with this - seriously ?

Started by Roadkill, January 22, 2009, 03:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamieg285

I'd say it was worth a punt for £600.  It might take a while to locate, but I can't see it costing a fortune to put right.

You'd get more back from breaking it if it was a dead duck.

Roadkill

There's a few bit I want for the Z28 on that - and being alot newer the parts would, surely, be better.

That said I'd want a quick turn-around as I honestly have no cash.

I've been googling for about 15 minutes and a few (not necesarily chevy) people have suggest water temp sensor . . . ie. reading cold and over fueling . . . ?

EDGE

Quoting: Roadkill
and being alot newer the parts would, surely, be better.

not necessatily dude.. if its had a hard life or has been left in the sun the interior may be knackered..  If its been in any accidents all the suspension and bracketry could be off...

what bits do you need ?

Motorama

plus figure on a couple hundred quid at least back from Newcastle

Roadkill

Quoting: EDGE
interior may be knackered

I don't need any of that.

Quoting: EDGE
all the suspension and bracketry could be off

Don't need any of that, either.

I'm after the bonnet and GFX . . . maybe the nosecone . . maybe the door(s).

Quoting: Motorama
plus figure on a couple hundred quid at least back from Newcastle

Yup.  It had dawned on me.

Cunning Plan

PEOPLE WHO TYPE IN CAPITALS AND CANT USE PROPER PARAGRAPHS AND SENTANCES ARE RETARDS JUST THOUGHT THAT WAS WORTH ADDING.

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Gator

water temp sensor i reckon but as we all know with these cars it can take a bit of thunking about to get to the fault

a friggin steal i wish i had some spare change

EDGE

could be a whole can of worms though...

worst case i guess you can pull it all out and put a proper motor in it.... but then you do end up with a baby blue 3rd gen,

Shifty

Once you get it working there'd also be enough space left under the hood to turn it into a real car and by grafting a couple of turbo's to the engine.

EDGE

Roadkill

I don't want the car !

Just parts.  The theory is to swap the bits over then sell, fixed, at a reduced price.

I may even replace the Eldo with it for a bit - who knows . . . theoretically.

FUBAR

if you wanted the gfx, you'd need the strips off the bottom of the doors too as they're shaped differently, you'd also probably have to take the nose too because i'm not sure the later gfx would fit properly.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Quoting: FUBAR
if you wanted the gfx, you'd need the strips off the bottom of the doors too as they're shaped differently, you'd also probably have to take the nose too because i'm not sure the later gfx would fit properly.

Quoting: Roadkill
I'm after the  . . . .  GFX . . . maybe the nosecone . . maybe the door(s).

Way ahead of you.

Roadkill

Seems Edelbrock make a Carb manifold for every V6 chevy except the 3.1L . . . .

Rocky

It was up for sale for £400 3 weeks ago, I think i know whats wrong with it, but i also know someone who is going after it.

Rocky

BTW i have seen the car and a few of the panels are rotten

ianjpage

Big Mouse

We had a similar problem on the camaro last year; would run fine then it would seem to over fuel and cut out. Dry everything out and it worked fine for a while then it would fall over again. Everything pointed to it over fueling.

We stripped the fuel system more than once - crappy job wasn't it Ian? - contantly played around with the fuel pumps and stripped the carbs but no joy. It turned out to be an ignition fault which would stop the spark getting to the plug after a while

Could be more than just a fuel problem

F Body

Quoting: Big Mouse
It turned out to be an ignition fault which would stop the spark getting to the plug after a while

Could be more than just a fuel problem

A wise old mechanic told me many years ago to always start with electrics, because 9 out of 10 faults are electrical based

Gotto say IMHO he was right