Bunnies target of 'gun-toting cow'

Started by Incursus, February 02, 2009, 08:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incursus

ianjpage

Roadkill

"the stock bull, has not displayed any amorous or belligerent intentions towards the glamorous heifer depicted on the side of the tractor."

FUBAR

reminds me of a shaun the sheep episode a bit

Baaaaa
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Big Mouse

No wonder he has a rabbit problem if he's trying to keep them down with an air rifle!

FUBAR

Quoting: Big Mouse
No wonder he has a rabbit problem if he's trying to keep them down with an air rifle!

that is a good point, at least a proper rifle or a shotgun would be a much better idea (& more fun!!)
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Big Mouse

Quoting: FUBAR
proper rifle or a shotgun would be a much better idea (& more fun!!)

A nights lamping with a Remington 22 Auto has got to be one of the best nights out I can think of.

I accepted a challenge up in the highlands one year to try and beat the record for a 6 hour shoot, 8pm to 2am, single gun with one spotter/driver. The record was set by a guy called Schneider whose mission in life seemed to be kill something every day ; he'd set the bar at 118 wabbits.

I gave up at a minute to two with 112; roughly 1 rabbit every three and half minutes, feeling absolutely fecked (although admittedley considerably better than the rabbits had fared). At £1.50 per head at the game butchers (ahh, those were t'days) it just about paid for itself.

We barely made a dent in the population.

The point is that you can shoot a buck rabbit in the arse with a 22LR and it will still be able to run away; an air rifle would just tickle it.