Canadian Camaro's are go ( again ).

Started by F Body, February 04, 2009, 01:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

The new 5th Gen Camaro has finally started production in GM's Oshawa plant in Canada

Loads more pictures here :  

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/2010camaroassembly/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/2010camaroassembly/

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

Quoting: FUBAR
are they galvanised?

Yes & No

All the exterior steel will be zinc coated ( before Pressing ) , but the finished body will be ELPO dipped ( Electro Phosphate Organic ).
It has about 85% as good protection as zinc / galvanising but lets you get a decent paint finish ( Oh and it's cheaper )

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

As you can see they have started building my red fully optioned SS Camaro first

I'm only six numbers short

art b

Quoting: F Body
As you can see they have started building my red fully optioned SS Camaro first

and i can see my black un behind it.....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Titsy

Quoting: F Body
but lets you get a decent paint finish

Really, Because you can see ripples in the paint finish in the gallery photos...

Good old GM, quality standards arn't slipping, but they sure arn't getting any better...

Andy

That orange peel on the red car is hidious!

Overall i think the car is pretty ugly though. Just begs the question, who is going to buy one at the minute?!

Titsy

Quoting: Andy
Overall i think the car is pretty ugly though.

Muscle cars aren't supposed to be pretty, they are supposed to be aggressive and mean looking, and that she is...

If I had money to burn i'd have one in a shot, but then if I had money to burn I'd be able to command one with a descent paint finish and interior...

Andy

Yeah, I can see what you mean, but its a beautiful ugly-ness.

Challenger, Mustang, Camara ('67 SS) all have that look.

This just imitates. It doesn't have any of that, 'heck, we just put a darn truck engine a car!' The viper was the last true muscle car I'd say.

Of course, all my own opinion. And props to Dodge for putting out the new Challenger, it don't look bad.

Roadkill

Quoting: Andy
And props to Dodge for putting out the new Challenger, it don't look bad.

Can't believe they made the Charger a 4-door, though.

F Body