Yep, the MOT must be due...

Started by Jamieg285, February 11, 2009, 10:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamieg285

One week till the MOT is due and silly things are starting to go wrong.

On the way to work this morning (1 hour to do 4 miles ) I noticed that when I pressed the brakes, the indicator lights on the dash were coming on.

At lunch time I was able to investigate and found that I'd sat on the brakes so long on that journey that the post for the brake filament in the bulb had melted down and was shorting with the tail filament End result was the brake and sidelight circuits were now one.

Thankfully, it was just a quick bulb change to fix, but I'm now wondering what will be next?

Shifty

That's got to be the most bizarre fault iv'e hear for a while.

Reminds me of then I put one of the indicator relays in incorrectly and the headlights were flashing instead of the indicators.

"Discotec"

I'm sure it will be fine dude, the MOT in this country is still quite lenient to be fair.

What sort of stuff is it exempt from?

Jamieg285

Quoting: Shifty
What sort of stuff is it exempt from?

Not much really.  I don't need a fog light (although the same tester has looked for it 2 years running now!)

Emissions is another one, it still has to pass, but isn't so restrictive a test.  

I don't know of any other differences.

F Body

Quoting: Jamieg285
One week till the MOT is due

Driving through the airport ANPR cameras every day you don't want to drive it without one

NB : All roads leading to Luton Airport have discrete ANPR camera's forward and rear facing