Grrr I hate people!

Started by Incursus, February 14, 2009, 07:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incursus

Incursus

Philo can you do anything with that?

Rocky

Is it through to your primer or is it the paint off the other car?

Incursus

Rocky

wet flat 1500-2000 grit and some g6 compound

Titsy

Incursus

Ok think I have som 2000 grit somewhere.

Found some g6 on Ebay for about £11 for 400g tube is that an ok price?

Rocky

We normally buy in large tubs, just dont go mad on it and go through the paint,

Andy

Ouch!  What happened?

I had some drunk remove my mirror last night outside the pub. There was a nice hand print on the bonnet where they'd lost balance or something and some scuffs down the side. Luckily it was all on the frost and not the paint.

Incursus

Quoting: Andy
Ouch! What happened?

I wasn't there when it happened.  Only noticed it this morning after the Gym.

ianjpage

oh no - sorry to see that - wot gits that they did it and drove off....no chance of working out hwo it was i guess....

Gator

Incursus

More likely at the Gym this morning

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Incursus
Philo can you do anything with that?

yeah, i can sort that no problem. you around tomorrow afternoon so i can have a quick look? wont be able to do it tomorrow, but will be able to give you an idea of how long it will take. should be able to do it next weekend weather permitting?

Incursus

Should be home very early afternoon if that suits?

philoldsmobile

Incursus

yeah 2 should be ok thanks

Flip Martian

They probably saw what type of car it was after they did it and thought "shit! run!". What a total pain. Fingers crossed it'll be sorted by next week though.

F Body

Saw some middled aged bint hit and I mean hit a car is Asda yesterday, reversed out of a space, then swung round and nearly took the wing off this Pug 307.
She just drove off whilst looking straight ahead
Got her number and left my details under the wiper, got a phone call a couple of hours later from the Pug owner who wasn't impressed
Guess what the Rozzers didn't want to know, witness or no witness, claim off your insurance they told him

Roadkill

I'm glad I don't need to park my car in any public car parks . . . . At work we have a spacious private car park, at the gym there's plenty of room and I rarely visit the town centre - if I did I'd park at the very top of the multi-storey.

I wouldn't trust any f*cker to park next to my car.

Sad state of affairs but that's the way it is . . . .

Big Mouse

Denise got in from shopping at Asdas on Saturday afternoon only for me to spot the 8" scratch (down to the metal) in her passenger door on the SLK - just the right height for a shopping trolley

It boils my blood that the pondlife out there won't own up to what they do.

HardRockCamaro

My Caddy has a couple of car park dings (I know it happened in the busy Tesco as Costco has giant spaces), several scrapes on the wing mirror and flanks due to cars squeezing past each other on my side street (because they're too stupid to work out who should go first).

No-one ever leaves a note obviously...

Once they gain a few battle scars I start to lose interest in the car in terms of really taking care of it.  Damned annoying.  The only way to keep the car mint is to either not use it or keep paying £300 or whatever per panel to get it fixed every time it happens which is money down the pan...

Hence the IROC stays in the garage...

If I could someone hitting that and driving off I would have to kill them...

ianjpage

Quoting: Big Mouse
8" scratch (down to the metal) in her passenger door on the SLK

Ouch not good ... gunna be a job to repair that i guess..

Just shows wot gits people are doing that and leaving - you would have noticed you hit the car if you left that size of scratch!

its the same as when someone creased and scratched the bottom of passenger door on truck - you sureley would have (a) noticed the truck and (b) felt the impact (the metal itself is bent!)

Obviously some people just shouldn't be driving...

F Body

Cars now days to most people are just a tool to get from A to B
If you don't look after ( I was going to say Cherish ) you own car, there is little chance your going to bother about anybody elses
Throw in the UK Envy culture and were pretty much stuffed