How much would you pay to watch Top Gear ?

Started by F Body, March 18, 2009, 03:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

William Pierce and his son were on a ski trip in France, where there happens to be a paucity of English-language television.

To stave off the boredom ( well it was France ) out came the laptop and its Vodafone data card.

Vacation saved by internet downloads of Clarkson and friends, father and son returned home to a bill from Vodaphone of £21,716

http://newslite.tv/2009/03/16/man-gets-22000-bill-for-watchi.html\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://newslite.tv/2009/03/16/man-gets-22000-bill-for-watchi.html

Big Mouse

what a prick! I can't believe there are still people in the world who think mobiles are free to use for this sort of thing

HardRockCamaro

Tell me about it.

How many more of these idiots need to get in the papers for being almost too stupid to breathe before people figure out that if call costs are flippin expensive from abroad, data access is obviously going to be astronomical.

Anyhow, I don't book any hotel that doesn't have free or at least v. cheap wi-fi.

Gator

true i agree but id like to know the cost before profit in pence of that bill

F Body

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
data access is obviously going to be astronomical.

Yeah but £21k is way beyond astronomical

philoldsmobile

its also exceptionally poor customer service.. if a customers average bill was say £30 per month, i'd expect a half decent billing system to start ringing warning bells and perhaps  request a customer call when the bill reaches, say, £300 in one month.

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
How much would you pay to watch Top Gear ?

One word response here : "NOTHING !"

Big Mouse

Quoting: philoldsmobile
its also exceptionally poor customer service.. if a customers average bill was say £30 per month, i'd expect a half decent billing system to start ringing warning bells and perhaps request a customer call when the bill reaches, say, £300 in one month.

I think the point here is that this dumbass is too stupid to own a phone in the first place. If you want to entertain your kids on holiday you first thought shouldn't be 'I know, I'll use a mobile phone to download hours of repeat television programs from the UK'

Yes, £21k is a lot, and they probably should take a look at their charging system if they want people to use their mobiles abroad, but until they do numpties like this bloke will always get their retarded mugs in the papers so the rest of us can laugh at the extreme stupidity that makes them think they entertain children by putting them in front of a telly or computer

ianjpage

Gator

gotta agree with mr mouse wtf would you go abroad and spend time downloading telly must be a right boring family

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Gator

£1.19
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Gator

Quoting: Cunning Plan
Quoting: Gator

£1.19

exactly