Classics in the Walled Garden @ Luton Hoo.

Started by F Body, April 07, 2009, 02:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Something a little bit different

Classics in the Walled Garden
Wednesday
1st July 2009
From 4pm

Hello all,

Having stood down as organiser of Classics on the Common, I've been tempted to do something else, on a similar vein! I'm still involved in and fully support Classics on the Common, this is an additional event, not a replacement or competition to it! Many of you will remember the early days of Classics on the Common when just a few hundred vehicles attended. I'm going back in time in more ways than one.

You are invited to join me at an evening picnic within the historic Walled Garden on the Luton Hoo Estate. I'm restricting entries, inside the Garden, to 350. I can't fit coaches, buses and lorries etc. into the garden but they can still pre-book the few spaces immediately outside the wall. I intend to adopt a similar policy on acceptance to the policy I had applied on the Common. The event is aimed at cars and motorcycles aged 20 years and older, with more modern classics accepted at my discretion. The 350 tickets inside the Walled Garden will be issued on a first come first served basis. Vehicles will be parked as they arrive. There will be parking available, outside the Walled Garden on payment, on the night for spectators and classics which haven't booked.

On the night we hope to have some music, a licensed bar, and some volunteers on hand to tell you more about the Garden. Subject to numbers some catering facilities may be available, I will update all entrants with an email nearer the time. I'm not planning to send out paper entries for this event so if you have friends without email who may be interested please pass this on to them.

Luton Hoo Walled Garden is set in a beautiful estate with entry from the New Mill End Road along a lovely tree lined drive. You can read some of it's history at; http://www.lutonhooestate.co.uk.\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">www.lutonhooestate.co.uk. The estate wants to encourage more events on its land so any club who might be interested, please feel free to get in touch. Please note there is NO entry to the Walled Garden from the main entrance to the hotel & golf club on the A1081. An access map can be found on the website. Access to the estate is gated and will be closed during the day. There will be NO ENTRY to the estate before 4pm,

Proceeds from the event will be divided between The Walled Garden Project and Help for Heroes.
Please remember that Classics on the Common grew over 15 years and I grew with it, this is a new event in a new venue, I don't expect to get everything right. Hopefully it will be an enjoyable evening in good company, and if it doesn't all go perfectly that will add to it's charm!

Peter Madden.

About Your Car/Bike.

Vehicle Make :              
Model             :    
Registration      :        
Year                  :    
About You  :
Name         :    
Address 1    :
Address 2     :
Town/City     :
Postcode       :
e-mail address :    

Classics in the Walled Garden
Wednesday 1st July 2009
Ticket Application Form
Please fill in this form and print with required details and a SAE & cheque for £5 payable to 'The Rover P5 Club' and post to:
Peter Madden, "Classics in the Garden", 48 Whitehill Avenue, Luton, LU1 3SR

Your entry fee includes a souvenir rally plaque if received by 14th May 2009

VIPER

Same guy organising ....

Not done Classics on the Common for a couple of years now....
This may be a good one..

F Body

Quoting: VIPER
This may be a good one..

I think the weekday night format is also a pleasant change from the usual Sunday format
I suppose as with most UK events, the major factor will be the actual weather on the day