Main Menu

Project Axle Swap

Started by Titsy, April 16, 2009, 07:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titsy

I'm planning on swapping my axle out over the weekend for the one that came off of the '94 T/A that was parted.

The reasin for this is for a little more ... The final drive in my current axle is 2.73 and in the replacement it is 3.23... So it should pep things up just a little without reaming my fuel economy (read what fuel economy)...

Dean-O, it is ok if I borrow a suitable torgue wrinch for fitting the diff gurdle and other bolts?

Also, am I going to need spring compressors for the rear, or is there enough play to do it without?

F Body

Quoting: Titsy
So it should pep things up just a little without reaming my gearbox (again)...

I'd have thought that you can do it without spring compressors

FUBAR

On the 3rd gen (on deans and mine) you can get the rear springs in/out with only a man-sized amount of grunt
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

ianjpage

would love to help but gunna be packing things most of saturday and possibly biling on sunday or packing still!!

Titsy

Quoting: ianjpage
would love to help but gunna be packing things most of saturday and possibly biling on sunday or packing still!!

No worries, I'm not to fussed if I have any assistance with this one as I think everything is easy (ish) to get to and I can take my time...

ianjpage

I think everything is easy (ish)

lol lets hoep those aint famous last words!!

Roadkill

torgue wrinch

You mean Torque Wrench ?
I going to need spring compressors for the rear

Not at all - they'll fall out.

Titsy

Quoting: Roadkill
You mean Torque Wrench ?

Darn my dyslexic fingers

Quoting: Roadkill