Dollar over 1.60 !

Started by F Body, May 27, 2009, 11:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

One British pound is currently worth $1.6016

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8070253.stm\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8070253.stm

Roll on $2 to the £

Gator

phew lets hope it claws its way back up parts are silly money atm

FUBAR

Quoting: Gator

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

ianjpage

Quoting: Gator

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
Roll on $2 to the £

Indeed - It'll make a US trip next year uber cheap !!

Flip Martian

That's good news! Long may it continue! My 2 brake discs this year were more than the price of last year's flowmaster system...

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
Hopefully we're out of the trough and heading back to good times !

The trouble is that whats good for us is bad for the USA and visa versa

So when we were celebrating $2 to £1 the US economy was going into meltdown and then we followed

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
So when we were celebrating $2 to £1 the US economy was going into meltdown and then we followed

True - but a rate of $1.75 / £ is not unusual - I'll be happy to get back to that.

HardRockCamaro

When I was in my teens the rate was always around $1.5 ~ $1.6 = £1, sometimes spiking to $1.7

In my mid 20's it was down to about $1.4 - £1 as that was the first time I went to the USA and I remember my credit card conversion rate being about $1.37

It then went up to $1.7 and levelled out there for a long time, before the couple of years that gave us the $2 which as FBody points out, is only a sign of bad things to come.

When the dollar loses strength against other currencies the US is in trouble, and when the US is in trouble, we all follow a year later.

I'd be happy for it settle at around $1.75 quite frankly.  A good enough deal on US parts and travel without concerns of a worldwide meltdown...

F Body

The pound has risen to a seven-month high against the dollar, as the greenback continues recent falls.

In early Monday trading, one pound was worth $1.6288, its strongest position since early November last year.

Roadkill

Wow - Glad I didn't just spend over a grand month before last . . .

Rough with the smooth and all that . . . .

Roadkill

$1.639 last time I checked !

Roadkill

EDGE

its climbing very fast, but is the pound becoming stronger or is the dollar going tits up again ?

Motorama

Just ordered some parts for the 59

FUBAR

Quoting: EDGE
but is the pound becoming stronger or is the dollar going tits up again ?

Unfortunately I think its probably the latter

i'm getting tempted to order my headers...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

EDGE

theres a whole list of stuff i want to order too !!