Main Menu

Car trouble !

Started by F Body, March 08, 2006, 09:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

After spending last Friday servicing the GMC the brakes have now given up
Replaced the rear shoes about 2 months ago , along with both rear wheel cylinders and had a full system bleed , now the rear nearside wheel has started to screech and lock up activating the ABS ?
The shoes look fine with no sign of any fluid leak ,looking under the van and in the workshop manual there does not appear to be any sort of load proportional valve to jam and alter the brake biase ?
Never come across this before , any ideas coz it ain't driveable

Can't get the Maro out of the garage coz theres an Ambulance in the way and after fixing one headlight the other one has blown

philoldsmobile

not sure..

dave redbourne or ashley swift on AMVO would be the people in the know, they know astro's inside out..

philoldsmobile

try searching here mate..

http://www.astrosafari.com/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.astrosafari.com/

F Body

I'm worried it might be something to do with the master cylinder
Not so much becuase of the cost , but the time it could take to get a replacement.

55starchief

Quoting: F Body
but the time it could take to get a replacement.

Why not email goatman, am sure he could drop it in the post for you and being a parts guy at a GM dealership he might have it on the shelf.

F Body

Gona try and fit it on some brake rollers tomorrow and see if I can get an accurate picture of what exactly is happening ?
Feels like only the near side rear is braking , also wondered if it's something to do with the dual circuit set up ?

art b

hail the goatman,
could it be a wheel bearing martyn?
there are squeal tabs on the pads that sound aweful when they get below halfway worn,
i know i cut mine off
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

Quoting: art b
there are squeal tabs on the pads that sound aweful when they get below halfway worn,
i know i cut mine off

F Body

No news on the brakes yet which isn't good

Might have to take the front bumper off to fit on the rollers

art b

bloody chav bodywork
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Goatman

What year is the van? There a couple of valve type aparatti on there to controll flow. Combination valve and a dump valve.

Goatman

I'll see what I can find out for you tomorrow. Gotta go pick up my kiddos.