* Milano (replacing 147)
* New Mid-Size Sedan
* 8C Competizione

HardRockCamaro

Quoting: F Body
Chrysler.

* PT Cruiser
* Sebring

I some ways I'm surprised they got rid of the Sebring, given how many you see at hire companies in the US.  But then again it does have a terrible rep.

* Town and Country
* 300: Redesign in 2011
* Fiat 500: 2011

Makes sense to keep these.

Dodge.

* Caliber
* Nitro
* Avenger
* Grand Caravan

Again they all have a bad rep apart form the caravan which is just a Town and Country anyway.  Makes sense to not compete wit themselves (GM take note!)

* Charger: Redesign in 2011
* Challenger
* Journey
* Ram trucks (separate brand?)

Obviously the trucks were going nowhere.  Not sure it's worth having the Charger and Chellenger personally...

Jeep.

* Commander
* Compass
* Patriot

These are pretty weak and not deserving of the Jeep name plate.

* Wrangler
* Grand Cherokee: Redesign in 2010

These 2 were never going anywhere.
Jeep is the most valuable nameplate Chrysler owns (companies were lining up to bid for it when Chrysler got intro trouble) and there never seems to be any incentives on Wranglers as they sell well, with the Cherokee being the one if you want an SUV as opposed to niche utility.

Alfa Romeo

* Mito
* Milano (replacing 147)
* New Mid-Size Sedan
* 8C Competizione

Colour me unsurprised that the Italians are not getting rid of much of their stuff.  I can understand them keeping the Mito and maybe the redesigned 147, but the 8C etc seems to niche to bother with imho...

Gator

charger redesign eh cool they might be putting right the mess they made of it

Big Mouse

Quoting: Gator
charger redesign eh cool they might be putting right the mess they made of it

they already did, its called the challenger

philoldsmobile

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Colour me unsurprised that the Italians are not getting rid of much of their stuff. I can understand them keeping the Mito and maybe the redesigned 147, but the 8C etc seems to niche to bother with imho...

the 8C is a strictly limited production car, 500 hard tops, 1500 spiders. with the tooling already in place, and almost all of the hard tops built (and all of them sold quite some time ago) it would be silly to can a run of cars that you have already paid the baulk of the expense for, especially when its likely all 2000 cars will be sold by early 2010

the 8C is also a platform to give an Alfa Romeo identity to the maserati sourced V8 that will likely end up in the 166 replacement (currently dubbed the 169, but likely to be renamed by launch)

there are a few different ideas floating about, but this is deemed to be one of the final designs being considered.

this is also possible, but far less attractive.

HardRockCamaro

The front of the silver one is really nice..
That red thing is downright nasty but sadly the more likely option given their current bug eyed designs...

F Body

They have just announced a new logo

IMHO could they make it anymore bland

Mind you it's better than Fiat