BP Fuel

Started by Cunning Plan, August 08, 2009, 05:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamieg285

I know they change the fuel mix in the states for the winter weather.  I wonder if they do the same over here - could explain the sudden change.

Slightly OT, I don't use BP and my economy has dropped lately - but that's mainly down to the 99% drive below 1500rpm, below the stall converters rating

philoldsmobile

filled the Afla with super yesterday.. a wallet melting £69.41

Cunning Plan

Quoting: philoldsmobile

Thats pratically what it costs to fill my Mondeo with regular
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Fieldy

Filled my pick-up yesterday, costs £72 to fill from empty to full, and will tow your Alfa when-ever you need

philoldsmobile

pumped another £20 of super in the 166 today! she sure does like a drop of the good stuff round town, the computer showing an average of 21 mpg!

Fieldy

pumped another £20 of super in the 166 today! she sure does like a drop of the good stuff round town, the computer showing an average of 21 mpg!

That can't be right

v8mad0

I noticed I go further on Bp than anything else to.

Any yank diesel I've ever had always runs miles better on BP diesel too

Amey

Quoting: Fieldy
That can't be right

why not? its actualy very good for a 200+bhp car on 100%urban use...

-edit- philo hijacking vickys pc

philoldsmobile

a BMW 525i or Mercedes E280 would be between 17 - 20 mpg on the urban cycle, so its bang on the money. On a long run its about 32mpg

Fieldy

My 325i gets just under 30 on a heavy foot, urban run when it finds the light outside the garage

philoldsmobile

and its probably half a tonne lighter than the 166.. its a much smaller car, slightly less powerful too.