Christmas Present Wrapping.

Started by F Body, December 07, 2009, 01:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

I thought Christmas Present wrapping was hard

http://www.youtube.com/v/i3LPfHk3gKo\">http://www.youtube.com/v/i3LPfHk3gKo\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" wmode=\"transparent\" width=\"425\" height=\"350\">

Rob

I thought about a body wrap for the T/A.....

Cheaper than a respray and it will hide all the scratches and spidering on the fibreglass.

FUBAR

Nice, just cut round the edges with a scalpal & scratch the paint

I have to ask... why?
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

VIPER

Your looking at 2k for a full wrap.......

ianjpage

Fieldy

seen this before, does have its advantages

when I first saw the title, I thought it was going to be one of the threads like where PhilO wrapped a giraffe....

Titsy

Quoting: Fieldy
when I first saw the title, I thought it was going to be one of the threads like where PhilO wrapped a giraffe....

Cunning Plan

Quoting: FUBAR
I have to ask... why?

Maby its for people who want to change the colour of the car but who aren't totally sure and may want to change it back?

But surly a respray would be less labor intensive..
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

EDGE

a guy on the mustang owners club has had is 07 GT wrapped in matt black vinyl and i must say, it looks GREAT !!!!

plus, he's protected the new paint underneath and when he wants a different colour car they just unpeal it and do it again......  The only issue i would have is if it gets dinged in a carpark, it might wrinkle the vinyl..... better than taking the paint off though i guess

I'd be tempted to have the fox body done but the paint underneath is so damaged the texture would show though the vinyl

FUBAR

My other thought with this... which obviously wouldn;t apply to the Ferarri being all fiberglass or whatever, is major water-trap / rust problems if you left that on a metal car for a long time surely??
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Andy

Suppose that's not a bad idea over here bit I imagine inparticularly the black would suffer in hotter and sunnier weather. Just looking at how they're using a heat gun to get the wrinkles out and make it more bendable.