DMC Builds new RHD DeLorean.

Started by F Body, December 14, 2009, 11:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Only 17 original cars were ever produced in RHD format and most were  converted by an outside company. Existing examples are rare and retail for nearly twice the amount of a regular DeLorean at roughly $60,000.

Rather than attempting to track down one of these rare examples, a customer approached the Houston-based DeLorean Motor Company to build his own RHD version.DMC is the biggest restorer of these stainless steel cars in the world and has approximately 150 years worth of factory-created parts. They also are making a limited number of Series II "new" DeLoreans out of all the parts.

Making the swap to the RHD model involved designing a new dash, cutting new carpet, modifying the controls and swapping in a new electric A/C unit. It all looks like it came from the factory in that form  

Another one for the lottery win list

EDGE

meh... the one in BTTF was left hand drive so that's what i MUST have....

I've been tempted in the past but that would mean selling the Saleen to finance it...

I'll have to wait until I can save enough to buy a mint delorean, apparently they do a subframe that allows you to poke a v8 in there including the 2000 northstar!

F Body

Quoting: EDGE
I've been tempted in the past

I actually went to the factory in Belfast when it was being wound up, just over £3k bought you a nearly completed car. Most had some trim panels missing or the odd switch. One of the guy's I went with bought one ( can't remember his name it's a long time ago ) He ran it for 3 years and sold it for £5k

I also very nearly bought a new Isuzu piazza turbo for £4k once
The import company had gone bust after just starting to import Isuzu's and nobody knew anything about them ?  The car was fully loaded and retailed at £10.5k but I thought spare parts could be a big problem, so I walked away.
Two months later someone else bought the import rights and the rest is history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isuzu_Piazza\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isuzu_Piazza

philoldsmobile

mmmm. DMC 12

a must have on the car list....

Roadkill

It's funny - Deloreans really don't float my boat . . . . they're O.K - just not mind blowing is all.

ianjpage

wouldn't mind having one in the garage, but there's a few others on the list above it that i want first !!

Incursus

Quoting: ianjpage
wouldn't mind having one in the garage, but there's a few others on the list above it that i want first !!

Fieldy

EDGE

thats becuase you're too young boy...... i dont know... kids these days......

i bet you prefer power rangers to the a-team too......

dagnammit.....

Gator

Quoting: EDGE
thats becuase you're too young boy...... i dont know... kids these days......

i bet you prefer power rangers to the a-team too......

dagnammit.....

A-team what a croc

EDGE

ohhh... dont get me started on that again......