What would you do?

Started by Fieldy, February 06, 2010, 08:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Fieldy, get on fordmondeo.org and check out what Chris Knott can do you a quote for. All they require is that you have 1 yrs no claims bonus and are over 21. They should do you a good deal if you quote the club.

Also try Admiral. Was surprised what they quote direct. They wanted £590 for me on an ST24 with 2 yrs NCB and I'm only 21.

Roadkill

Quoting: Pod
£200 left of the budget, so hopefully not any more than that.

That was my thought.

Quoting: Fieldy
So far we have got it to £600

Mmm.  Well over your original budget, then ?

Fieldy

Quoting: Roadkill
Mmm. Well over your original budget, then ?

i set aside £1000 for a m.bike without my wife, now we have a car, I have bumped the budget up so she can be the main insured driver and build her no claims up.

No point having a car in the household and not have her on the policy

Roadkill

i set aside £1000 for a m.bike

Oh.

Your original post mentioned a cheap bike and a cheap car, not specifically a bike.

No point having a car in the household and not have her on the policy

I agree.  I'm surprised that didn't occur to you previously.

Fieldy

Quoting: Roadkill
I agree. I'm surprised that didn't occur to you previously.

oh, it did, but i really wanted a m.bike... but the best thing for the family is a car in the long run, although maybe not as fun lol.

my budget is now on que for the top, but i was looking for advice on bikes. maybe one day i'll get my bike/quad

EDGE

like andy said, join a club then call chris knott... my focus is insured with them for somewhere around £300 fully comp.
having said that the fox is £300 and the Saleen is around £225 ish....

you could also try footman james, they always come up fairly cheap on regular cars...

Fieldy

Quoting: EDGE
like andy said, join a club then call chris knott

on the phone now, £599!

Not bad as my wife is only 22 with 1 year no claim + me as a named driver at only 23 years old.

Fieldy

So far we have got it to £600

I'm going to get it cheaper than it is

£1

art b

go compare.....

got my ins dirt cheap on comparison sites....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Fieldy

Quoting: art b
got my ins dirt cheap on comparison sites....

cheapest on there is £879

EDGE

problem with the comparrison sites is they often screw up BIG time...

ive had cheap quotes on them before and then when you call the insurer direct there's gaps in the policy or it doesnt include what you asked for etc... its ALWAYS worth double checking....

Andy

Yep, although for me it was a bit more of a benifit checking. It turned out that I ran a quote through confused.com and Admiral came up cheapest. My old lady got ran it through them direct and they knocked about £50 off the price.

What I didn't like was getting a renewal, doing the same again on confused.com and finding Admiral quoting me £100 cheaper. They did honour it which was good but its busines practice catching those who snooze it seems.

v8mad0

philoldsmobile

Just re insured the Alfa for £305 fully comp with a £400 excess.. adrian flux FTW!

philoldsmobile

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Ah but that's because you're less likely to be involved in an accident when sitting in the motorteway services waiting for a tow truck...

I said Maserati, not mustang!

to be fair, i never had to wait for a towtruck with the stang, i just had to drive up the hard shoulder of the M6 doing 40 mph with hazard lights on, because it wouldn't go any faster! everywhere else it went it was on a trailer!!!

Fieldy

Quoting: philoldsmobile
Just re insured the Alfa for £305 fully comp with a £400 excess.. adrian flux FTW!

You forget how old you are, and how much younger than you I am

IMO, Taking into account my wife is only 22 with 1 years no claim, I am still only 23 and our excess is £250 and ours came to £599, I would've said your quote is only an ok one considering it is only you on the policy and you are the other side of 30

philoldsmobile

i still get asked for I.D. to buy beef :D

philoldsmobile

Andy

You forget how old you are, and how much younger than you I am  

IMO, Taking into account my wife is only 22 with 1 years no claim, I am still only 23 and our excess is £250 and ours came to £599, I would've said your quote is only an ok one considering it is only you on the policy and you are the other side of 3

Sucks, insurances companies ream under 25's so badly. A lot of them deserve it, but for people who actually need a car to work or just get about in some cases, you end up getting shafted royally.

You should be able to knock a hundred or two off that next year if you still have it (and don't have any incidents.)

Fieldy

Quoting: Andy
Sucks, insurances companies ream under 25's so badly

It's all experience Andy.... And a way to keep the number of cars off the road per year.

At the end of the day, the premium I payed for my 1.0 polo as my first car was ridiculous, but, looking back, I was a ridiculous and terrible driver.

Only now, 6 years on, do I think I am learning about the dangers and real joys of driving.