Mass Petrol boycott on May 1 ?

Started by F Body, April 21, 2010, 07:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

ANGRY motorists are planning mass protests against petrol prices just DAYS before the election.

A huge Facebook campaign ( that leaves me out then )is mobilising half a million drivers to boycott pumps in demos which could be devastating for Gordon Brown as Britain goes to the polls.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/785598/Plans-for-mass-petrol-boycott-on-May-1-as-angry-drivers-pump-up-the-pressure.html\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/785598/Plans-for-mass-petrol-boycott-on-May-1-as-angry-drivers-pump-up-the-pressure.html

Incursus

F Body

Well people will just buy fuel the day before or the day after, so the petrol companies won't be bothered

Titsy

Quoting: F Body
Well people will just buy fuel the day before or the day after, so the petrol companies won't be bothered

Indeed, totally pointless!

Andy

The thing is, all you're doing is boycotting the company supplying the fuel. Fine. But they're not the ones putting the 75% duty on it. A petrol stations makes something like 4p/litre, and most only make money of the things you buy in the shop.

It's going to be another who-har about nothing, will get a bit of publicity and then fade away. The fact of the matter, we all need cars, it's a supply which is readliy available, lets tax the bollocks out of it. We as a country have no money so thinking a little protest will change things is just dreaming.

FUBAR

I think we should all boycott the government!!!...

... pay no Tax
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

VIPER

Boycot road tax untill they are fixed..................

Andy

Quoting: VIPER
Boycot road tax untill they are fixed...

That'll just be a car impound and fine i believe. Better than no insurance, that carries a FPN + 6 points.

EDGE

the only way to truley hurt the companies is for EVERONE to leave the car unused for 2 or 3 days..... take alternative methods of FREE transport to work, like cycling, walking... I will be hopping to work :)

Rob

Quoting: EDGE
the only way to truley hurt the companies is for EVERONE to leave the car unused for 2 or 3 days..... take alternative methods of FREE transport to work

I do that every day.......Choo Choo

FUBAR

Quoting: EDGE
I will be hoping to work :)

I'll be hoping to work too, I don't get paid otherwise

Quoting: Rob
I do that every day.......

me too......  Pedal Pedal
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

HardRockCamaro

These "boycott petrol" campaigns do nothing except prove to me that my fellow man is a complete idiot with the IQ of a turnip...

Roadkill

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
These "boycott petrol" campaigns do nothing except prove to me that my fellow man is a complete idiot with the IQ of a turnip...

Absolutely.

Cunning Plan

The more this image is exposed, the better:

But then, I put a similar image up on another forum just discussing fuel prices, then some guy comes on and tells us about this amazing new Facebook campaign to boycot BP and Esso Can they not decode a simple diagram to understand BP and Esso are not the ones making the fuel so expensive in the first place??????
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Andy

When you're in a situation that the people in 'charge' are taxing a tax, you're fecked.

Big Mouse

Quoting: HardRockCamaro

none of these schemes hurt the government unless everyone stopped buying fuel fullstop - then they'd increase the tax on something else to make up the shortfall.

from a business point of view this government have put their 'company' (i.e the UK) into the bankruptcy danger zone and have to tax themselves (i.e. us) out of it just like the next government will have to to put it right.

philoldsmobile

Yup, there is not going to be an easy solution... U.K. PLC owes a lot of money, and it doesn't grow on trees.

Big Mouse

Quoting: philoldsmobile
Yup, there is not going to be an easy solution... U.K. PLC owes a lot of money, and it doesn't grow on trees.

Oh dear Phil, paper is predominantly made from wood pulp isn't it so one could argue it does grow on trees

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Big Mouse
Oh dear Phil, paper is predominantly made from wood pulp isn't it so one could argue it does grow on trees

BAM!

Incursus

Technically the paper is just an IOU note afaik

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Incursus
Technically the paper is just an IOU note afaik

BAM! BAM!