Daily Driver Update.

Started by F Body, April 25, 2010, 08:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

The old Fiat Panda is just clocking up 64k , last night fitted new rear brake shoes and adjusted the handbrake cable - which means you have to take the centre consul out to reach the adjuster

Went to put the rear off side tyre back on and it had a large nail in the middle of the tyre So fitted the spare

Measured the treads this morning and they were 2.5mm, except for the one with the nail which was 3mm - Typical !

Couldn't find any good deals on the interweb thingy, so resorted to the old telephone !

Just had four new 175/65R14 Marsall tyres fitted, valved & balanced for £38 each ( Supertyres in Luton ), not as cheap as the £26 Hankooks last time but result

MOT next on the 8th May

Andy

Be-jesus those are cheap tyres!

Best of luck on the MOT!

Fieldy

Quoting: Andy
Be-jesus those are cheap tyres!

They are smaller wheels remember, I would expect to pay £30 odd pounds and no more for the size. £27 is very cheap mind.

I just change my daily driver before it needs that much work

F Body

Quoting: Fieldy
£27 is very cheap mind.

Well the Hankooks were £26 18 months ago and the cheapest I could find them now is £59

The chap at the tyre place said that all tyre prices are rising due to the price of oil

philoldsmobile

I thought modern tyres are synthetic?

-edit- of course, hence the rise in the price in line with oil.. plus shipping costs increase, as most are made abroad..

Roadkill

Quoting: Fieldy
I just change my daily driver before it needs that much work