Painting glass....

Started by Fieldy, April 25, 2010, 11:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fieldy

Can I paint my rear window on the truck or does no type of paint work?

F Body

Quoting: Fieldy
Can I paint my rear window on the truck or does no type of paint work?

You can buy glass paint, I bought some to paint the halogen light bulb shades in the kitchen because they were too bright

What about window or light tint, the stuff I did the Camaro rear lights with won't come off. I've tried thinners, autosol  and brake cleaner and they didn't touch it

philoldsmobile

you can buy specific tint sprays for glass, and they do work very well. as for paint, again there are glass paints, any other type of paint simply doesn't work long term.

Big Mouse

I tried getting some black glass for the backdrop behind my hob when I refitted the kitchen. It was ridiculously expensive so I had a normal piece of 6mm cut to shape and then sprayed the reverse side with ordinary black primer then gloss spray from halfords. Perfect.

Incursus

Dean used spray tint on my rear lights. Worked great!

Fieldy

I want to paint the tail gate window the st georges flag, it is already tinted black now....

philoldsmobile

do you want it to be permanent? if so a glass paint would be the best bet, if not emulsion i guess would be comparatively easy to remove...

Andy

I'm now getting Peter 'Redneck' Griffin images of Fieldy reversing his truck into his neighbours garage... I need to quit the Family Guy!

daveyboy

just put a flag across it  it will probably be harder to sell with a painted window. then again in this country some foreigner may put a brick through it.

Gator

get some thin perspex cut the same size as the window and do it on that

Motorama

wouldnt you be better doing it in vinyl/film?

Fieldy

Quoting: daveyboy
just put a flag across it

Ordered one,
Quoting: Motorama
wouldnt you be better doing it in vinyl/film?

Yeah, looks like it would be much easier, I now know of a guy in the area who can do it.

Thanks guys