Best Ice hockey ruck ever (not WF)

Started by Shifty, April 26, 2010, 05:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shifty

Whilst sat at home with a broken Clavical caused by ice skating fall yesterday I thought I would look up comical ice skating accidents on You Pube, ended up stumbling across thiss little ditty.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/v/N1-25s4uwFQ\">http://www.youtube.com/v/N1-25s4uwFQ\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" wmode=\"transparent\" width=\"425\" height=\"350\">

My X-Ray from yesterday

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n71/don_shiptoni/DSC00905-01.jpg[/img]]

Fieldy

ianjpage

ouch that looks painful mate - you doing ok?

Shifty

Quoting: Fieldy
Why do they fight in ice hockey

Gets the team and fans riled up, kinda like a pep talk, it spurs the team on.... In farness there's always a bit of rough and tumble some of which sometimes spills over into a fight.
Personaly i'm not much of a fan I think it detracts from the game play but it doesn't happen to often, certainly not in the UK, the NHL on the other hand it happens quite regulally.

Quoting: ianjpage
ouch that looks painful mate - you doing ok?

Alot less painfull than I was expecting, still very uncumfortable though. No motorbike for me for a while....

Dam one handed typing sucks/takes forever....

ianjpage

Quoting: Shifty

Alot less painfull than I was expecting, still very uncumfortable though. No motorbike for me for a while....

ahh that not good then hope you feel better soon matey !

Incursus

ahh that not good then  hope you feel better soon matey !

F Body

sat at home with a broken Clavical caused by ice skating fall yesterday

Could have been a skateboard

Titsy

I thought you were a pro at the...

hope you feel better soon matey !

Andy

Ah sorry to hear that man.

I'm just starting to get into ice skating more, go every Thursday over at Slough with a bunch of mates. I must look like a right neewb! Bought a pair of hockey skates at the hire ones do nothing but make my feet ache after about 30 mins. So far the best purchase i've made in a long time!

Shifty

Same here really, been going 2-3 times a week for the past couple of months, got some skates of my own a month or so ago, well worth it.
The plan was to play for one of he rec teams next season, not sure that'll be happening now.

Was just starting to get prety good to..... gutted.....

Time to talk smack.... MKL are gona kick Sloughs ass next season....

Andy

I think we really let ourselves down the last couple of games, typical that we pulled a big win against you guys after you'd won.

Did you make it through to the Coventry playoffs?

My mate who got me into it has got a place on one of lower class hockey teams, but is doing really well. I know if I wanna do it i've got a long way to go yet.

How good are your backward crossovers?

Shifty

Quoting: Andy
Did you make it through to the Coventry playoffs?

Nah we got our asses kicked was some good games though, entertaining to watch.

Quoting: Andy
How good are your backward crossovers?

Actually prety good, sadly I was just gliding backwards minding my own business when I over balanced and fell forward. If I had just fell I would have probably got away with a simple bruise, instead I naturally fought it to try and stay up and made it worse resulting in the above. Gutted

philoldsmobile

No motorbike for me for a while....

Good job ya fixed the car on Saturday then!!!  

take it easy dude, shout if you need anything.

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...