Stony Stratford Classic Car show

Started by Big Mouse, June 01, 2010, 01:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VIPER

Just started CHUCKING it down here and looking real shit for tomorrow... GUTTED wanted to get the car out

FUBAR

Just got back from dropping the folks @ Luton Airport...

time to get a couple of hrs more kip

will be at the meeting point above just before 9am

Meet @ 3pm as usual, weather looks ok by then according to Metcheck ATM...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Just checking weather now . . . .

Roadkill

Bahhh !

They all say something different !!

I'm going - unless it starts raining before I leave.

I'm prepping the Caddy now . . . will be at the meet point around 9.10am

Amey

Fantastic range of cars there
They were runnin out of places to park the cars.

Weathers held out. It is on till 3pm - so some of the guys may be late to the meet.

Took Lucy down there for the morning and she behaved pretty well

Incursus

Gator

looks a cool show that i like the fact that its in the street

Roadkill

FUBAR

Andy

Big Mouse

Yeah, a good day out and thankfully the weathermen were all wrong again. Apologies to the old lady who apparently spilt her drink when we fired up the camaro to come home

FUBAR

Quoting: Big Mouse
Apologies to the old lady who apparently spilt her drink when we fired up the camaro to come

I was going to ask did you make anyone jump

Big Mouse

Quoting: FUBAR
was going to ask did you make anyone jump

Jump? Denise thought the old girl was going to sh*t herself!  Drew quite a big crowd once I started putting the hood down and getting ready to pull away.

Roadkill

Nothin' better than a thumpin' V8.

Roadkill

Just had this come through on the email . . .

Gallery : http://www.ssccf.co.uk/gallery.php\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.ssccf.co.uk/gallery.php

Dear Dean,

Well that proves it.

I always thought the only weather British forecasters can get right is yesterday's. Congratulations to all our drivers who chose to do the British thing and turn out regardless. What a reward we got for that spirit. A real English summer day and a fantastically diverse range of Classics. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

It has been suggested to us that we might have created a bit of a monster and next year will need to be managed carefully so as not to spoil the ambiance of the event and yet still allow an increased number of cars of diverse styles and pedigree to attend without hassle or queues. You can rest assured were working on it already.

Have a look at the website. It now contains all the new fantastic photographs of the event, set aside an hour or so!

On Sunday we thought we had sold all the commemorative enamel Stony Classics badges, but last night I found another 17 which had escaped from the packaging so if we had to disappoint you on Sunday this is your second chance to get hold of a badge. Just send a cheque to:
A Freestone,  The Old Pump House, Calverton Road,
Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes MK11 1YT
for £4.00 inc p&p and I will dispatch by return.

I am still workng on the accounts, but it looks as if we have raised about £1,000 for Willen Hospice. So thank you for your massive generosity.

I will be in touch, but in the mean time we are aiming for next year's event to be held on 5th June 2011. I will confirm this later. Once again on behalf of the organizers and Stony Stratford as a whole, we would like to thank you all for your support of this event and look forward to meeting you again next year.

Kind Regards

Andrew

Stony Stratford Business Association

ianjpage