Started by art b, June 10, 2010, 05:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

Pre 1980's convertibles . . . ?

Seems like an odd choice of feature.

Big Mouse

"There will also be a separate display area for post 1980 convertibles and all other special interest vehicles of any age"

I think thats likely to be the busiest part of the show

Roadkill

Quoting: Big Mouse
I think thats likely to be the busiest part of the show

I'd agree.  Seems daft to me to limit an already (relatively) limited scene . . .

HardRockCamaro

Quoting: Roadkill
Pre 1980's convertibles . . . ?

Seems like an odd choice of feature.

Presumably the whim of some old fart, maybe with a group of similarly backward cronies, who want to push their preference of vehicle era onto everyone else.
These are people who are set in their ways and don't move with the times, unlike other people who can appreciate both new, classic and vintage stuff.
They generally tell people to vote with their wallets/feet.  So we did.  

The ethos of this event is for people to enjoy a relaxing atmosphere and a mutual passion for automobiles of all kinds.

More like people who enjoy cliquey atmospheres and only vehicles of certain kinds...  

FUBAR

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
The ethos of this event is for people to enjoy a relaxing atmosphere and a mutual passion for automobiles of all kinds.

More like people who enjoy cliquey atmospheres and only vehicles of certain kinds...

Exactly, thats why they feel compelled to tell you what they want you to think its about... its the same idea as my brothers theory on Governments Naming Countries... if they contain adjectives the exact opposite is the actual truth...  i.e. The Peoples Republic of China, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Great Britain, The United States of America etc etc
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Hmmm. Compelling reading.

It didn't take long to steer this one utterly into the verge, did it !!??