Ebayers. IDIOTS - Made me smile, though . . . . ! !

Started by Roadkill, July 18, 2010, 05:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Had an auction on eBay and ended up selling it early to a guy who collected and paid cash.

Happy days.

I then went and cancelled all bids on the item, then ended the auction early saying the item was no longer availble.

I then messaged everyone who'd asked a question and told them it's sold and thanks for their interest . . . .

Then I got this :

Hi, i see your auction for "job lot" ended earlier today. I felt sure i'd placed a bid, but it perhaps it did'nt register !! My question is then, what are you going to do ? Not bother ? Relist it ? Or could i make you an offer ? Thanks pete

I replied :

Hi,
I accepted a buy-it-now offer and the guy collected and paid cash this morning.
I emailed everyone that had asked a question but should've emailed those that bid too, sorry.
Regards, Dean.

Then the cheeky f*cker replied :

HEY HO !!! WHATEVER !!! NOT INPRESSED !!!

What an ar$ehole - so I replied :

I don't care if you're not impressed.
I'm selling stuff to make money - not friends.
I did nothing outside the rules of eBay so as far as I'm concerned no harm done.
Apologies, again, for apparently ruining your day.

I mean - WTF ?

Seriously - just because he bid he thinks that gives him the right to have it ?.

chryslersebring69 - You, Sir, need to learn some manners . . . . . and you'd best get your Mummy to pick up all your toys for you as you won't be able to reach them from your pram !

Rob

Not had many bad experiences on Ebay but I had one idiot the other day that refused to sell me an xbox and 15 games for £5.00 after the auction ended.  Instead of receiving an invoice he sent me a request not to complete transaction. (which is allowed)

If you know what you want for it then put a reserve on it.

Andy

Wouldn't have even given the cheeky fecker the courtesy of a reply. Then again some people are like that and have no manners full stop, even in face to face transactions

HardRockCamaro

I would find it amusing to see stuff that both sellers and bidders do on ebay, at somewhere like Sotheby's.

We'll start the bidding at £1,000
<hand up>
Yes?
What's the reserve?

This lot is up at £100 with no reserve, do I hear £100
<hand up>
£100 with the man in the front row
Do I hear £110?
No?  Anyone?  Selling, selling... Oh wait a minute, the seller has decided to end the auction as it looked like no-one was going to bid and he's not prepared to sell it.

And to be fair, as per the above:

Do I hear £100?
<hand up>
£100 at the front.  Do I hear £150?
<hand up>
£150 at the back of the room.  Do I hear £200?
<hand up>
£200 at the front.  Do I hear £250?  Oh wait, the seller tells us someone had a word in their ear outside the room and made a cash offer, so the auction is null and void, thanks for your time though...

It just wouldn't wash would it?

Roadkill

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
It just wouldn't wash would it?

At Sotheby's, no, of course not.

But this is eBay and I was playing by the rules . . . If I was selling stuff at Sotheby's I'd play by their rules, also . . . either way I'd expect others to be happy with that.

HardRockCamaro

I'm just saying, how ebay users cant figure out what an auction means I don't know...

Anyone who asks me what my reserve is is told to bid to find out and is given a link to a wiki definition of an auction.

As for playing by the rules, offers from either side to complete the transaction outside of ebay are technically against the rules.  

I don't care either way and quite why the guy wasted his and your time sending the message I don't know...

ianjpage

ahh the wonders of ebay .... quite what the guy thought he would achieve by the email...

Sammy Lou

tbh if we had the money to use sotheby's we would not be using money we make to help pay for bills and a wedding!!!

but i guess thats just ebay for you

art b

im glad i got married  25 years ago b4 it was a major song and dance,

local pub b4 with the mates, stroll down to the church all wobbley..[and late, vicar was at the gate in his frock]
married, merc round to the village hall, free free bar for the 1st hour,disco..simples .....twas a great day out...
couple of grand all in....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Sammy Lou

the average wedding comes to approx £12000 now

Jamieg285

Quoting: Sammy Lou

That's wedding tax for you.

"How much is 'X'"
"£400"
"It's for a wedding"
"£600"

art b

Quoting: Sammy Lou

its all a scam i tell ya....

remember there is an equation ..

the more money spent on the wedding...

the shorter it will last.....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

EDGE

my marriage is on borrowed time then if that equation's correct !!!

Titsy

Quoting: EDGE
my marriage is on borrowed time then if that equation's correct !!!

It is if the misses finds out you've discovered the centre of the totty solar system...

Incursus

EDGE

dude, i told her about my day in london, she agrees that the tate modern is infact the center of the tottyverse!!