NZ and Oz here we come!

Started by Big Mouse, February 01, 2011, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mouse

Just 24 hours now until we fly out to NZ and Oz for a month, can't wait to see my daughter and my new granddaughter.

All good news when I get back too, I've just been officially appointed the new general manager at Oakhill, the company who bought my company last year.

Roadkill

Beers are on you when you get back then, Matey.

Have a blast !  

ianjpage

Have a nice trip then matey.

Quoting: Big Mouse

All good news when I get back too, I've just been officially appointed the new general manager at Oakhill, the company who bought my company last year.

Thats excellent news, no suprise though going on what you said before now

Big Mouse

I'm back, did you miss me? Anything notable happen while I was away?

Missed the Chrustchurch quake by a whisker had been in the cathedral, the Carlton Hotel and the PGG building just a couple of days before it all came down.

philoldsmobile

I'm back, did you miss me? Anything notable happen while I was away?

RK bought a large diesel estate car.

other than that (admittedly quite shocking) development nothing really. how was NZ and OZ?

HardRockCamaro

Are you that spooky amateur cameraman that is somehow always at every major world event?  

Big Mouse

Quoting: philoldsmobile
RK bought a large diesel estate car.

Mondeo is a good car, I hired a Falcon XR6 in NZ which is basically a Mondeo (which bigger bollocks) and a Holden Commodroe SS for a couple of days in Oz - staggering motor but in hindsight not worth renting as the speed cops in Oz are a feckin nightmare - I'd like one over here though

Preferred NZ to Oz if I'm honest; the nice views aren't dissimilar - Auckland harbour is a smaller version of Sydney Harbour, but its a lot quieter and cleaner. Christchurch - when it was in one piece - was a lovely city, very english style but without the scum we all now associate with Britain.

Lord of the Rings country in the South Island is fantastic; like the scottish highlands in many ways but without the millions of years of weather erosion. Spent a happy afternoon sitting in a thermal suphur pool in 40C water, getting a tan while looking at snow capped mountains!!

Big Mouse

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Are you that spooky amateur cameraman that is somehow always at every major world event?

Lol, are you suggesting I'm some sort of jinx? it is quite scary that I have pictures of most of the flattened buildings; lots of them were still under repair from the last quake in September including the cathedral. I have pictures taken at Lyttleton where the latest quake had its epicentre.

We went around the PGG building as my new son in law to be has his office on the top floor Fortunately he had left the office for a meeting about 20 minutes before the quake struck; a couple of his staff made the news as they had dived under their desks when it hit. His hire car got flattened.

philoldsmobile

Lol, are you suggesting I'm some sort of jinx

ok its was the south Island, and you were on the North island, but you have seen whats happened to Auckland?

all the rest of us ever did was burn down any place we went... some people always have to go one better..

Big Mouse

Quoting: philoldsmobile
ok its was the south Island, and you were on the North island, but you have seen whats happened to Auckland?
?

We were on both, started off in Auckland and then down to Chrustchurch as thats where my daughter is was moving too. We then flew over to Sydney to visit friends there too.

Whats happened to Auckland?

ianjpage

Nice to see (well hear!) you back safe and sound - sound slike you (and yer son in law to be) had a close shave really!

philoldsmobile

Whats happened to Auckland?

Sorry, Christchurch....big earthquake, 148 dead..

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCATRE71Q2TU20110227\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCATRE71Q2TU20110227

ok, you saw it....

Andy

Good to hear you're back alright and all the relations are well. Must be scary being so close to such a bad event.