KIN HELL... JAPAN SUFFERS BIG QUAKE...

Started by art b, March 11, 2011, 06:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Indeedy

and a ruddy great Tsunami as well

Incursus

Indeed not good.
On Wednesday my manager was talking about sending me out there today.  Glad he changed his mind.

Also two guys from our office flew out of Tokyo just a few hours before it hit.

Had reports from all our factory's and offices no deaths or injury's even in Sendai, lots of damage though

FUBAR

saw this on the news before work this morning, reading now on BBC new they've apparantly been having numerous aftershocks all more powerful that the Mag. 6.3 quake in NZ earlier in the year
let alone some foreshocks of up to Mag 7.1

1 thing I learned today, I thought the Richter scale was a 10x multiplier between levels, (i.e. a Mag 2 is 10x stronger than a Mag1) but its not, its an exponential 32x multiplier...

32x32x32x32x32x32x32 etc etc
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

ianjpage

Quoting: Incursus

On Wednesday my manager was talking about sending me out there today. Glad he changed his mind.

Yilkes that was lucky!

Quoting: FUBAR

1 thing I learned today, I thought the Richter scale was a 10x multiplier between levels, (i.e. a Mag 2 is 10x stronger than a Mag1) but its not, its an exponential 32x multiplier...

32x32x32x32x32x32x32 etc etc

wow

Incursus

I didn't think they used the Richter scale any more?

EDGE

i farted on the underground once, on a plastic seat.  I had to call the earthquake monitoring station and tell them not to worry, it was only a buritto.

I rekon it measured a 2 at least !!

Big Mouse

I've been emailing clients all day to check they are ok, One had a 6 hour walk out of Tokyo midtown to get home.

All but one have responded, the other works on the coastal defence system so not looking good

Andy

Quoting: Big Mouse
All but one have responded, the other works on the coastal defence system so not looking good

That's when events like that hit home.

Lets hope for the best that they just don't have comms at the moment.

Andy

Doesn't get any better for Japan!

Fukushima number 1 reactor has had the building around it blown up.

http://www.twitvid.com/LICNU\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.twitvid.com/LICNU

FUBAR

not good is it, it just keeps kicking them while they're down

Fieldy

Quoting: EDGE
i farted on the underground once, on a plastic seat. I had to call the earthquake monitoring station and tell them not to worry, it was only a buritto.

You're a muppet

FUBAR