Fantastic News for Luton & the UK.

Started by F Body, March 24, 2011, 01:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Vauxhall/Opel and Renault have today announced the production locations for the next generation of the successful Vivaro and Trafic models.

Nick Reilly, President, CEO & Chairman, is visiting the Luton Plant today to tell employees the great news that the next generation Vivaro will be built at the plant until 2025

His visit and this exciting announcement are confirmation of the important role that the Luton plant has and will continue to play in the Vauxhall/Opel manufacturing network.

At the same time, Renault have announced that the next generation of their Trafic model, as well as the next generation of the high roof Vivaro will be produced in its plant in Sandouville, France.

Today's announcement follows the joint announcement between Vauxhall/Opel and Renault in September 2010, when both companies agreed to continue their successful cooperation in the Light Commercial Vehicle segment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12854180\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12854180

Incursus

HardRockCamaro

Well pleased for ya!  

Somewhat less pleased that Vauxhall share some DNA with Renault Traffic vans.  I thus maintain my opinion that when buying a van, you should always buy a Transit, no excuses.  

Rob

Take you throught to your retirement then Mart......

F Body

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Somewhat less pleased that Vauxhall share some DNA with Renault Traffic vans

The Vivaro is Renault designed and has a Renault drive train, but the body panels are made in Luton, many of the components are UK sourced, such the seats manufactured in Dunstable and van is assembled in Luton.
It is the best selling van in it's class, so Vauxhall made the right decision

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
I thus maintain my opinion that when buying a van, you should always buy a Transit, no excuses.

Not for long

Production of Ford's Transit panel vans in the UK is to be extended into 2012, the vehicle maker has told the BBC.The firm axed half of its 1,100 workforce at the UK's only assembly plant in Southampton last year.
Ford had said production of the panel vans, which is being moved to Turkey, would cease at the factory in 2011.

ianjpage

philoldsmobile

the silver transit Paneltec had was made in Turkey!

Vauxhall and nissan have used Renault diesel engines in their vans (and nissan in all of their cars) for a while, the DCi is an excellent engine.