Crap, that was a bad day...... aka I'm one LUCKY bunny.....

Started by philoldsmobile, June 08, 2011, 07:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

Quoting: art b
a claim for that should get a restored gpz 900...

That was the first thought, however, I think something different will be on the cards, as for me the GPz can't really be replaced.

I'm not a huge fan of liquid cooling, I just love the feel and sound of air cooled motors, so an early (slab side) GSX-R 750 tickles the fancy.

Padgetts in Batley do have a gorgeous early FZR 600 in stock, about the only other thing that really tickles my fancy. I don't want to go as big as a 1000cc and modern 600's are a bit characterless.

Ponti

Quoting: philoldsmobile
an early (slab side) GSX-R 750 tickles the fancy.

Very nice.
I am sorry your old bikes gone , hope your feeling a bit better.

F Body

I'm beyond gutted,

Jeeze little Fella, you's is one lucky Dude

But I'm just as gutted as you about the bike

F Body

Quoting: art b
what a total wanker tosser prick cock who caused all that grief.

Bet they were on the phone or texting

F Body

The guy was eating a McDonald's muffin....

Sorry missed that, thta's supposed to be a good enough excuse for nearly killing a couple of people

Andy

Quoting: F Body
Bet they were on the phone or texting

I said it first.

philoldsmobile

i'm still clinging on to the grim hope the bike will be a cat C so i can buy it back (you can't buy a cat B back) after some reading last night, i have good reason to believe it should be a C, as C can include structural damage as long as it is repairable without changing the entire frame, or the repair involving replacing significant parts of the frame.

also, for some reason cat C bikes do not require a VIC test, you just re apply for the log book after its been MOT'd

although the slabie is no 1 choice, any oil cooled (up tp 92) GSX-R is a viable replacement, it will simply depend on whats available at the time. If i plump for the later (and considerably cheaper) slingshot model, there will be more money for a GPz rebuild..

so if not a slabbie, this model... (slingshot)

or this one (the last oil cooled)