Warm Work Hands

Started by Cunning Plan, December 13, 2012, 04:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunning Plan

So if you are working outside because you have to or becuase you have chosen to, what are you doing to keep your hands warm?

I've found this works pretty well:

One tight cotton glove with a washing-up glove over them, then cheap finger-less gloves over them. (Yeah, yeah, laugh, but I was outside for 3 hours today when it was around -1/-3, wire-wheeling and I don't know how you could have done that without wearing gloves).

The challenge is keeping your hands warm but also keeping the dirt off them. If you just put cotton gloves on, you would be throwing them away after everyuse and it would cost you a bit! I find the 40p washing-up gloves from Tesco help with to keep the dirt off the inner-glove and your hands.
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

art b

i was gonna post about some gloves,....

i got these from egay ,
and there great,
they wear really well,and are thin enough to work in, i always put a pair on if outside,

they fit under some leather gloves i have and keep ya warm and reduce vibration fron tools...

and cheap as fcuk too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-Pairs-Of-Brand-New-Black-Nylon-PU-Safety-Work-Gloves-Builders-Grip-Gardening-/170947215625?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&var=&hash=item27cd3f8109\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-Pairs-Of-Brand-New-Black-Nylon-PU-Safety-Work-Gloves-Builders-Grip-Gardening-/170947215625?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&var=&hash=item27cd3f8109
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

EDGE

No ones laughing dude, I did exactly the same when working on the truck out in the snow, one pair cotton tight gloves, 4 pairs of latex gloves and then fingerless market traders... Worked wonders!

art b

Quoting: EDGE
No ones laughing dude,

tbh i tittered a bit ...

i thought paddington had been manicured ....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Andy

Tbh, I'm surprised CP wasn't going somewhere else with wearing this glove.

Roadkill

I hate wearing gloves.  I avoid it right up until my fingers are painful and numb.

Then I carry on a bit longer before having a break.

I don't own any specific gloves like that - just heavy leather gloves for welding etc . . But, then, I don't tend to wear those either.

As H&S Adviser for my company I have to tell the guys on site to wear gloves and tell them off if they don't . . . But if it's me picking up the sharp beam it's O.K.

Personally I don't get on with them.  Can't explain it anymore than that.

Cunning Plan

Hardcore!

I can't concentrate if they are numb and cold
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)