Stunt Driver for Hire

Started by Giblets, November 25, 2005, 04:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giblets

Had a little 'moment' on Sunday while taking the beast for a spin.

No wife in car, so thought I'd test the oversteer scenario on a midly damp large roundabout in Hitchin.

Gave it a bootful on the turn as no cars were nearby, and then felt the difference in weight between my old Capri and the IROC, as I wrestled trying to reign in a very waggy rear end.

Just about managed to straighten her up with a bit of snaking, and saved myself some tears.

Hairiest car yet in my book. No understeer, just one nice progressive slide towards doom!

Roadkill

<sigh>

It's a beautiful thing, Mate.

The Z28's pretty easy to correct.  My Old Dodge was an effort . . . But my XJ6 !!!
Christ, when that went it went in a BIG way.

Giblets

I think I was just used to the ease of catching a pretty lightweight Capri.

This just felt like a car and a half moving sideways.

Next time gonna get someone to video my efforts, in case it goes wrong. Then at least i'll have a blooper vid.

Roadkill

Quoting: Giblets
at least i'll have a blooper vid.

I Found the Camaro quite light myself . . . But it's probably the lightest RWD I've had . . .

The 4th Gen was a nightmare for losing the backend in.
. . . and that was only a V6 !!!

F Body

Quoting: Giblets
Hairiest car yet in my book. No understeer, just one nice progressive slide towards doom!

The 4th Gen is more like a progressive spin to doom

Dammed if I can get a slide the SOB just spins which isn't funny !

Giblets

I'll teach you Martyn.

It requires a damp road, no traffic, and a mighty set of apricots.

I want to take it on a track now.

philoldsmobile

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

without fail EVERY person who buys a thirdgen has either a spin of big moment within 6 months!!!

glad it was just a flutter Raife!

Giblets

To be fair, I did provoke the fook out of it!

I was asking for it big time.

philoldsmobile

it will bite again.. it luls you into a false sense of trust, then one day, for no reason...BOOM, it pulls the rug from under you!