A few picks from todays outing........

Started by VIPER, June 11, 2006, 04:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VIPER

Went along to the Vauxhall Heritage Musume and then on to a classis car meet...

And one of my favorite all time cars...
The Lotus Carlton 3.6TT 24v 4 door saloon 377BHP (stock)

[footnote] Edited by V1PER on Sunday 11th June 21:14[/footnote]

55starchief

Nice looking TR6, must get the old man to bring his along to one of the fancott meets as its a real sweet ride

art b

nice pics baz,

remember seeing those lotus carlton being built in the lotus plant in norfolk,
they were shed loads of cash
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

F Body

Pitty I missed you Baz we did both starting at the The Heritage Centre at 11:00am.

That Lotus Cortina was sweet and I also spent some time looking at the Bond Bug , which was a little tired.
The car of the show for me was the light green Karman Ghia which was mint , even the screw heads inside the wheel arches lined up.
I'll put a picture up when I get home

HardRockCamaro

I remember those Lotus Carltons.

My cousin was going to buy one when they were new (after having had a strong of Cosworths) but decided against on the grounds they were only available in green and she always has black cars.  So she got another Cossie.

I seem to remember they were about 42 grand when they were new?

55starchief

My boss had the quickest sallon car in europe until that lotus carlton was launched. Still have the artical on the white cossie he had nicknamed 'white lightning'

HardRockCamaro

I thought White Lightening were the special edition Series 1 RS Turbos with 250bhp?

I know they've had Cossie saloons up to 197 (190 something) mph.

55starchief

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
I thought White Lightening were the special edition Series 1 RS Turbos with 250bhp?

I know they've had Cossie saloons up to 197 (190 something) mph.

Nah this was built by Brodie Britain Racing in brackley. They invented the chipping of cars back in the 80's and my boss's cossie was ther phaseV conversion around 380+hp they later built the MOGAL 400 which was just insane as it wasnt a road car anymore just a race car in road clothing

F Body

Quoting: F Body
The car of the show for me was the light green Karman Ghia which was mint , even the screw heads inside the wheel arches lined up.
I'll put a picture up when I get home

Sorry for the delay , this car was 99.9% imaculate

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Misc/DSC00414.jpg\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\"> [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Misc/DSC00414.jpg\" border=\"0\"  alt=\"\" width=150>

Incursus

VIPER

There was a white cossie saloon at an event last year that done 203mph...