Bummer this is gona cost.

Started by F Body, June 26, 2006, 02:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Pulled into the petrol station near home late last night and found this

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/AACUK%20Summer%20Nats%20250606/DSC00426.jpg\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\"> and secondly I didn't have to stop to change a wheel out in the countryside at night.

As Titsy will tell you 245/50ZR16 is a barstard size and difficult to get hold of , a replacement Goodyear is nearly £200

Looks like the wheel refurb is being brought forward and a set of Komo's will be going on.

Incursus

Roadkill

Christ !

Still, as you say - you're lucky to catch it when you did.

EDGE

what even is that stuck in the tyre ? a shard of metal ?

EDGE

55starchief

Quoting: EDGE
what even is that stuck in the tyre ? a shard of metal ?

Looks like a spring.

I wouldnt write that tyre of mate as it looks fixable. Just drop it on the front

Titsy

Kumho's for teh win!!!!111

£84 a corner all in, an grippy as hell!

ianjpage

OUCH!!

not what you wanted to find but at least it nbot ripped the arch to shreds!!

F Body

Just got back from the tyre shop , as expected there is now way that they are going to repair it

Gona surf the net for the best Kumo price

art b

check out sintern tyres in mk fella,
got some at a nice price for the dayvan,the large rear ones 48 quid each
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

F Body

Quoting: art b
check out sintern tyres in mk fella

Thanks Fella nothing doing in my size

Just ordered four Kumho Ecsta 712 245/50R16W @ £70.88+vat each from Black Circles.com.
Should be delivered to my door on Wednesday

Now just have to get the two wheels I taken off to Pristine wheels

philoldsmobile

just out of inteest, why wont they reapir it? its well within bounds...

that screw i had in my calaro tyre was in about the same place, and a few places refused, claiming it was too close to the sidewall, then trying to sell me a new tyre...

i took it to kwik fit, who have a proper guage that you put on the tyre, and has pointers that show where repair is acceptable..

the puncture was WELL within, most places simply try and fright customers into buying tyres they dont need..

Roadkill

Quoting: philoldsmobile
most places simply try and fright customers into buying tyres they dont need..

Hehehe, I think, judging by what Martyn was saying, that he was looking for an excuse to go Kumho.

philoldsmobile

probably...

unless its a VERY large hole, or it is actualy in the sidewall, its normaly repairable..

55starchief

kumho is a good tyre 4th largest manufacturer in the world , imported into the uk by an aquantance of my dad

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile
just out of inteest, why wont they reapir it? its well within bounds...

They measured it with a marked guage from the tyre centre line and it was about 5mm outside the maximum

Then factor in that the spring actually went in at an angle of 45 degrees towards the tyre wall ( which I forgot to mention ) and it was a no brainer !

Got an e-mail from Black circles this morning confirming delivery tomorrow ( Wednesday ) - not bad for a £9 total delivery charge

philoldsmobile

ahh... hard to see where it enters from the pic...