yaaaaay, first mustang "mod"

Started by philoldsmobile, July 11, 2006, 01:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

as mine already has just one bulb in the indicators, and doesn't flash the brake lights, i assume i can simply put an amber bulb in the reverse light, and then use an after market reverse light that matches the fog light?

EDGE

probably.. if you 'must have' a reverse light....

i figure people will know im reversing due to the fact that there is 3750lbs going BACKWARDS....

EDGE

F Body

Quoting: EDGE
i figure people will know im reversing due to the fact that there is 3750lbs going BACKWARDS....

Wrong !

You'd think that a large blue GMC van would have an even greater effect , but with a small reversing light set deep inside the rear valance people just walk behind it and drive right up behind you when your reversing.
Fitting the bleeper has meant I've not run any pedrestrians over since !

Mind you Edge they would have probally seen you reversing if there retinas hadn't been burnt away by your orange paint

ianjpage

ahh... that could be a whole pain in the ass tryimng to get vertical lights on.. i *think* the wiring is slightly different as there is an extra blub holder on the jap harness.....

EDGE

nope correct no of bulbs & holders :D

Quoting: philoldsmobile

as mine already has just one bulb in the indicators, and doesn't flash the brake lights, i assume i can simply put an amber bulb in the reverse light, and then use an after market reverse light that matches the fog light?

yup

EDGE

Quoting: ianjpage
ahh... that could be a whole pain in the ass tryimng to get vertical lights on.. i *think* the wiring is slightly different as there is an extra blub holder on the jap harness.....

EDGE

nope correct no of bulbs & holders :D

well... thats cool... i was hoping i was incorrect on that

EDGE

ianjpage

well... thats cool... i was hoping i was incorrect on that

EDGE

yeah otherwise could be a real nightmare

EDGE