Rolling Road day

Started by 55starchief, August 03, 2006, 07:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

Whilst i was at silverstone this morning i went and found the rolling road. They do rolling road days although a little higher than the last @ £50 but they do go a little further and you could make adjustments if you wanted ie change to the fueling or timing but not taking the pi$$. Each car is checked over including tyre pressures then they give each car a couple of pulls in different gears to find the best before a final couple of pulls to get the power.

Would probably be looking late this year early next if i organised something

Roadkill

If I have a car that can go on I'd be interested.

Incursus

Ditto if the dusters ready.

Jamieg285

FUBAR

me too, I want to see what the IROC is putting out
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

EDGE

hehehe..... everyone's at it huh

i'm organising another one for october/november too. ACW will be covering it again, looks like the same kinda place, they'll adjust and tune etc for £45.. its actually within a wind tunnel so they can simulate wind speeds of upto 180mph and stabilise temperatures.  

I'll be sorting out final things in a few weeks or so... sorry to jump on your thread 55, I dont mean to tread on toes

EDGE

ianjpage

Roadkill

Quoting: EDGE
its actually within a wind tunnel so they can simulate wind speeds of upto 180mph

Ooo, does that mean I could take the Camaro without risk of choking everyone to death ?

FUBAR

i'm organising another one for october/november too. ACW will be covering it again, looks like the same kinda place, they'll adjust and tune etc for £45.. its actually within a wind tunnel so they can simulate wind speeds of upto 180mph and stabilise temperatures.

Hmm...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Giblets

hehehe..... everyone's at it huh  

I'll be sorting out final things in a few weeks or so... sorry to jump on your thread 55, I dont mean to tread on toes  

EDGE

I'll be up for this one if it's the next one, as I'll need to check if my new fuel pump has resolved my previous 'issues'.

Rocky

There is supposed to be a rolling road in Milton Keynes you guys not heard of one around you?

Rafe your new pumps in by the way

Jamieg285

There's one in Luton too.

Incursus

Quoting: Rocky
There is supposed to be a rolling road in Milton Keynes you guys not heard of one around you?

There's bletchley I believe, one of my work colleges keeps telling me about it, says its a good one.  Can't remember what its called though.

ianjpage

Quoting: Incursus

There's bletchley I believe, one of my work colleges keeps telling me about it, says its a good one. Can't remember what its called though.

well try find out - could organise a local MKB Dyno Day

EDGE

you have to be really careful with american cars on the dyno, i wouldnt take it to anywhere that wasnt recommended to me....  when are you guys thinking would be best, so far im thnking of the last weekend in october, 28th or 29th depending on when most people can make it... is south birmingham too far for you guys to travel ????

EDGE

Jamieg285

you have to be really careful with american cars on the dyno,

Why?? (Just curious)

is south birmingham too far for you guys to travel ????

Personally no. TBH, it's not much different to going to the one we did before.

EDGE

thats what i thought,

as for the cars on the dyno, the auo-boxes can cause some dyno's problems as well as general familiarity of american cars and thier power production..

if you take a big block chevelle to a rice burner dyno the guy will likely stamp on the gas and wait for the turbo lag.... do that in a big block and you're likely to end up in the wall !!!!

EDGE

Incursus

Quoting: ianjpage
well try find out - could organise a local MKB Dyno Day

Marlin motor engineers
units 4 & 5
Wellington place,
Bletchley

01908 366256

Apparently they have experiance with yanks.

55starchief

Probably not gonna bother now as i have found an engine dyno at ICE Engines @ silverstone. Real nice people and a speed shop as well. £400+VAT for the day so thats likley what i will be doing with my motor

ianjpage

Quoting: Incursus
Apparently they have experiance with yanks.

Giblets

Birmingham is a fair schlep for me, but if thats where it's at, I'll still come along.