Not enough rubber?

Started by Titsy, August 06, 2006, 05:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titsy

Is it me, or are the tyres that've been on this 'maro to small??!

http://i1.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/e9/0a/e9_12.JPG\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\"> [img]http://i1.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/e9/0a/e9_12.JPG\" border=\"0\"  alt=\"\" width=150>

FUBAR

yes they are, too low profile & too narrow...

where's that & why?
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Titsy

it's a car on ebay, I can't understand what the owner must have been thinking putting them on.... it looks wrong, isn't safe, and must drive like crap.....

Titsy

if they were trying to make the rims look bigger then they failed.... they've just succeeded in making the car look stupid!

FUBAR

Quoting: Titsy
if they were trying to make the rims look bigger then they failed.... they've just succeeded in making the car look stupid!

Yeah if they are the same size as the wheels on my car & yours then they shoud be 245/50/16s

Maybe he wanted to go for the "17yr old with the Vauxhall Nova who's just bought wider rims from Halfrauds but can't afford new tires" look...

Titsy

Quoting: FUBAR
"17yr old with the Vauxhall Nova who's just bought wider rims from Halfrauds but can't afford new tires"

Not even that, they're standard rims.....

ianjpage

hmm looks somewhat unsafe tbh!

FUBAR

I've asked him to tell me what tires are on it...

Titsy

I've asked him to tell me what tires are on it...

really....?!?

Nice one!!!

55starchief

Thats what the mexicans normaly do. The car wont handle any different but it will have ubber quick aceloration and no top end

Titsy

never going to get a speeding ticket with that one, the speedo must be miles out!

***EDIT***

and the odometer for that matter!

FUBAR

Quoting: Titsy
and the odometer for that matter!

Good point there m8, reading Over I assume

Titsy

Roadkill

It's a big thing in Japan.

There's a 4th Gen running around M.K with a similar, although not as severe, set-up.

EDIT, it's not just a smaller profile, It's a smaller width, It's stretched to it's limits over the rim, giving a "pinched" cross section . . .

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
EDIT, it's not just a smaller profile, It's a smaller width, It's stretched to it's limits over the rim, giving a "pinched" cross section . . .

Indeed, hence me saying:

"17yr old with the Vauxhall Nova who's just bought wider rims from Halfrauds but can't afford new tires"

Looks silly

Roadkill

Looks silly

No, It looks absolutely stupid !

FUBAR

Quoting: Seller
205-45-16 front 205-55-16 rear tyres are just legal,i am replacing all four before end of auction,may put a bit bigger profile to fill out the wheel arches.

!!!!!
at least he's going to swap them all out.

Titsy

Might be worth telling him wat size is supposed to be on there... Seeing as he clearly doesn't have a clue...

FUBAR

i've just done exactly that m8

Goatman

Quoting: Roadkill
No, It looks absolutely stupid !
I'm leaning toward just freakin' ridiculous.