How to make a boring old 3rd gen Cassette Radio Valuable again...

Started by FUBAR, August 13, 2006, 10:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

FUBAR

Graeme,
you know about these audio type things... Is this something you could do with my Stereo?  Just put the plug on the back so that its not visible from the car?

55starchief

Quoting: FUBAR

you know about these audio type things... Is this something you could do with my Stereo? Just put the plug on the back so that its not visible from the car?

you want the tape deck to still work? as im sure titsy and i could sort something out

FUBAR

Quoting: 55starchief
you want the tape deck to still work?

I don't even own an audio Cassette m8, so that doesn't bother me at all. I would just like to to still look like the stock Tape deck but run an iPOD from a connection in the glove box

FUBAR

Putting the 3.5mm jack on the back means that it still looks the same too, and doesn't suggest to potential gits that there's anything in the car apart from the stock stereo.

55starchief

FUBAR

yup should be able to do that for you

FUBAR

Oh yeah you know I said the other day that the speaker was broken in the back of my car, I found out why today when I pulled it, someone has obviously elbowed it in the past & broken the centre bit of the speaker so that it was hanging off & resting on the cone

ianjpage

Incursus

Philo plays his through a cassette adapter thingy...sounded ok to me...

philoldsmobile

yup.. buy the belkin one though, not the podgear one..

works EXTREMELY well in the mustang, results may vary..

FUBAR

I've been thinking about the tape adapter & I think for neatness & convenience i'm going to see if this Aux connection idea can work.

Titsy / Graeme, there's no particular rush for this because it will probably be Xmas before I can sort out an MP3 player of some description, what do you guys need from me? Just the Stereo?

EDGE

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Edge had one of these (or similar):

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=44128&doy=14m8
\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=44128&doy=14m8

that's the one, well, different brand but the same thing... works great, only thing I'll say is it could do with a pre amp as its a little quieter than the radio stations volume, but apart from that its absolutely awesome, no messy tape adapters or anything..

EDGE

55starchief

Quoting: FUBAR
Titsy / Graeme, there's no particular rush for this because it will probably be Xmas before I can sort out an MP3 player of some description, what do you guys need from me? Just the Stereo?

Yup should be able to piggy back the MP3/ipod input on to the input stage of the tape player

FUBAR

Yup should be able to piggy back the MP3/ipod input on to the input stage of the tape player

Cool sounds fine to me, as i said No objections to the Cassette player not working anymore as I haven't owned a cassette tape for years!