Motoring Idol Competition

Started by Giblets, December 23, 2005, 11:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giblets

Got some fantastic news yesterday!

I made it to the final 3 for Test Drive Magazine's 'Motoring Idol Competition' that they ran back in the October issue.

Apparently they were 'Inundated with entries', hence it taking them over 2 months to judge them all.

I now get to spend 2 days with the magazine testing cars, and writing reports before the readers vote on who should be crowned winner.

This will take place late January, so I guess it will be ran in the April issue or thereabouts. To enter the comp, you had to submit a 500 word road test of yourself, comparing yourself to a car. So fater breaking out every pun in the book, and injecting my own warped sense of humour into an hours frenetic scribbling, I was amazed to have made the cut.

Rest assured I will try and use the exposure to 'big up' the  American car scene, and the club, whilst trying to compare the handling of a Kia Piccanto to my IROC!

To say I'm over the moon is an understatement!

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Sweet.  Well done, Mate.

Look forward to seeing your "Work".

FUBAR

Quoting: Giblets
To say I'm over the moon is an understatement!

so to say you're under the moon would be an Overstatement then...

Sorry Bad Joke
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Giblets

2001SS

Excellent. Hope you have a great time;-)

Incursus

philoldsmobile

congrats!!

always fanied being a motoring journalist myself, shame i cant spell as well as i can talk!!!

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile

always fanied being a motoring journalist myself, shame i cant spell as well as i can talk!!!

But philo, there are other cars than a 3rd gen mate

55starchief

Oh and congrats rafe, well done mate

Incursus

Quoting: philoldsmobile
fanied

philoldsmobile

Incursus