Is this the coolest advert currently on TV

Started by 55starchief, October 19, 2006, 05:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

Roadkill

I can't believe the clean-up only took 5 days . . . . no matter how easy to clean the paint was . . . .

ianjpage

Quoting: Roadkill

I can't believe the clean-up only took 5 days . . . . no matter how easy to clean the paint was . . . .

yeah that was a lot of paint !!

55starchief

Check out the 720p HD version totaly awesome but a 36mb download

F Body

Titsy

Quoting: F Body
Dam can't load it at work

Ditto...

HardRockCamaro

Yup, that really is ace.

Love how the different colours fall seperately at the end, nice.

I watched it in HD, took 21seconds to download.

55starchief

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
I watched it in HD, took 21seconds to download.

Hey andy, whats with the full size window not fitting the screen? i had to drop it to the smaller window

HardRockCamaro

What do you mean?
I downloaded it and played it back in Quicktime player, hit Apple-F for full screen and it was, well, full screen (well, apart from a small black bar top and bottom).

What's the problem chap?

55starchief

Quoting: HardRockCamaro

What do you mean?
I downloaded it and played it back in Quicktime player, hit Apple-F for full screen and it was, well, full screen (well, apart from a small black bar top and bottom).

What's the problem chap?

When it opens in quicktime its a huge window thats bigger than my screen and i have to hit the green dot for it to go to a smaller size but this isnt full screen

Incursus

Quoting: Titsy

Ditto...

sort of ditto, not at work but using the works laptop...can't be ar$ed to go upstairs

F Body

Yeah just got home and watched it, would have thought with the state of computer graphics it would have been nearly as good and a lot cheaper ?

55starchief

would have thought with the state of computer graphics it would have been nearly as good and a lot cheaper ?

Probably the other way around mate, to CGI that would have been 500k easily the production cost of doing ot for real where probably 10% of that

55starchief

Ok litle bit of digging in trade forums

Filmed in glasgow using some 15,000 liters of paint

F Body

OK 60 people cleaning for 5 days @ say £6 per hour = £14,400

15,000 litres of special paint @ say £5 litre = £ 75,000

Then you have the set hire, equipment & set up and filming don't think you'd get much change out of £500k

As an example a 1min 30sec Vauxhall Vivaro film in a white sudio for CD release cost £250k.

HardRockCamaro

Quoting: 55starchief
When it opens in quicktime its a huge window thats bigger than my screen and i have to hit the green dot for it to go to a smaller size but this isnt full screen

Well, the green dot will expand the widow to show it at 1:1 res (remember it isnt maximise) or full screen if you don't have enough res.  If you normally play your vids at 2x size then it will open it at 2x size which may be bigger than your screen.