Project - make my knuckles bleed

Started by CJ-IROCZ, October 30, 2006, 03:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ-IROCZ

How did you know it was a header install project

well so far i've spent approx 6 hours removing the old manifolds and AIR system and installing the drivers side header.

got the drivers side finished now  

heres a couple of pics.

here is the o2 bung that i had to weld up to the drivers side collecter, you've got to make sure its at the back of the header as thats the only place there is clearance, i stuck a cork in the sleeve whilst i welding it up so not to get any splatter in the thread

this is the headr in but you can see the Power steering bracket is still loose , i had to do a bit of fabricating to make it fit again as its original mounting were on the old manifolds so i made up a new mounting point using the old manifold bolts

i found that all my brake pipes needed re-routing as they were touching the primarys so i undone the brake pipe mounting brackets and repositioned them

tomorrow night i'm on to the passengers side , heres a pic of it after stripping the old manifolds out,. note the original AIR pipe still in place , i'm just going to chop it back and bung it up,.

55starchief

Damn not a lot of room to work, this is the reason i like the older cars you can clinmb into the engine bay on my 55 and even the transam has plenty of space now the inner fenders are gone

Roadkill

Makes me wince when I see a third gens engine bay . . . . . . Then I think of mine and I chuckle.