Is anyone able to help with this...

Started by FUBAR, October 25, 2006, 11:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUBAR

I've been looking for a new desk for my room for ages & the one below is on ebay at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&item=220039723678&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&item=220039723678&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Would anyone be able to help, probably this sunday with a suitable vehicle and time to come with me to pick it up?  the guy's place is in New Cross in S/E London...
Apparantly the desks will tesselate to fit into an estate car, or if needed can be dismantled into flat-pack ish form.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

Well if it helps I got a full sized single bed with the matress into the rear of the Camaro with the rear seats down and managed to shut the tailgate

The vans no good because all the seats are fixed ( bolted ) in

philoldsmobile

if you can stall till next weekend, i can likely get the company transit.. failing the transit there is the 'hoe

Pod

F Body

Don't know exactly what sort of thing your looking for but Ikea in MK do this for £89.

Bet your mum would like you to hide it all away in one of these ?

Mind you it is £190 !

55starchief

Im sure there is an office surplus furniture place in MK

HardRockCamaro

Just to throw a wildcard into the mix, Si (KidRock) in Essex has several wave desks (like in the picture but with a curved front edge so that one end is deeper than the other) that he got from me when we changed all the desks at work.
He also has the drawer units that slide under the desk (ie pedestals).

He has use of a Transit van and might be up for selling them?

They're proper office ones, as equally well made as those.  (they also have the cable entry holes and blanking plates etc).

FUBAR

Ok... plans for this weekend can be scratched completely, i'd forgotten abut family commitments for sunday!

Quoting: F Body
Don't know exactly what sort of thing your looking for but Ikea in MK do this for £89.

I'm not really after a "computer desk" but more of a complete L shaped Office desk arrangement, I basically have a 2m x 1.8m space in my room for a desk with lots of surface space.

I'm going to pass on this one for the reason posted above and keep my eye out for something closer to home.

Incursus

Quoting: 55starchief
Im sure there is an office surplus furniture place in MK

There is, I've seen it.....can rememeber which road it on though...think its Watling street not far from the bowl.

55starchief

Quoting: Incursus

There is, I've seen it.....can rememeber which road it on though...think its Watling street not far from the bowl.

Yeah im sure i have seen it out yuor way when i have been coming across the city, out by maplin?

FUBAR

There used to be an Office World next door to Maplin, I don't know of anywhere else.

Incursus

Don't think its in the industrial estates, If I remember i'll go home down Watling street tonight see If i can spot it where I think it is.

Roadkill

I can borrow the works van if needed - plenty of room.

Just give me some notice as it's booked out quite a bit this month.

. . . and it can't be this weekend.