Utter Genius . . . Albeit I'll bet expensive.

Started by Roadkill, November 30, 2006, 08:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

You could do that without to much work, art morrison makes weldin clips for frame rails both front and rear independent. If i ever find another 55 pontiac sedan delivery it will have independent front and rear suspension fitted

Roadkill

The Caddy suspension was ahead of it's time in the late fifties.

With stiffer springs and modern shocks I can't see how 'Vette suspension could make it THAT much better - it's still a bloody big and heavy lump and It's not like the Caddy had crappy leaf springs on the rear . . .

Bet the 502ci makes a difference . . . though I don't know why he didn't use a Cad 500ci . . . .

55starchief

I sometimes wonder why people do builds like this. It does seem a bit pointless to have a ful independent suspension on a car that size. maybe if they had sectioned it to reduce its CG but it looks top heavy

Roadkill

Quoting: 55starchief
It does seem a bit pointless to have a ful independent suspension on a car that size

Exactly.

It says he wants to lower it by 1" but I don't see that doing much.

If it was an early 50's Caddy with nasty leaf springs and king pins I could understand it a bit more but the '57 - onwards Caddies had quite modern-styled suspension.

It is different I suppose . . . Didn't see a price for all of that lot . . .

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
It does seem a bit pointless to have a ful independent suspension on a car that size.

That's sure a lot of work just to prove a point

I always like a good bit of engineering, that's the sort of thing I'd like to do to the GMC to curb it's wandering