Honda Accord
Honda Fit
Infiniti G35
Mazda MX-5
Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
Porsche Boxster and Cayman
Volkswagen GTI

Me thinks these Guy's need to get out more

http://www.caranddriver.com/bestcars/12056/2007-10best-cars.html\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.caranddriver.com/bestcars/12056/2007-10best-cars.html

55starchief

Looks pretty ballanced to me, the 3 series is still a good handling car for the money

Roadkill

Giblets

Quoting: F Body
Honda Accord

Sure thats not Caravan and Driver magazine?

55starchief

Quoting: Giblets

Sure thats not Caravan and Driver magazine?

They type R is a worthy vehicle mate, definatly goes and handles quite well

HardRockCamaro

Quoting: F Body

Mazda MX-5

Had one as a hire car in the USa and I'm sorry but on their roads it DOES NOT WORK.
It has NO power and the ride is too hard.

I ccan see the attraction of this car, I really can, for UK roads darting around the gocart like handling and small size are great, but on US roads, no way.

55starchief

Quoting: HardRockCamaro

Had one as a hire car in the USa and I'm sorry but on their roads it DOES NOT WORK.
It has NO power and the ride is too hard.

I ccan see the attraction of this car, I really can, for UK roads darting around the gocart like handling and small size are great, but on US roads, no way.

I guess it all depends where in the USA you live, my friend used to live on the outskirts of Napa County and all the roads around there are like the country lanes here. Have another friend who lives down in orange county LA and he owns an esprit turbo and his buddy had the only road legal elise in the usa at the time. The roads we went on again were much the same as the twisting roads of the UK

Cunning Plan

Quoting: HardRockCamaro

Thats pants, bit of a dissapointment no?  You go to America you want an American car not something you can drive over here anyway..
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

HardRockCamaro

Yup, I booked the hire car through Hertz because I figured Ford own Hertz so they're gonna be Fords.  The only convertible Ford do is the Mustang, job sorted...

The bus from the airport takes me to the rental car lot to collect the car and it turns out I have an MX5.  Brand new, delivery miles only but too small.  So I drive to the hotel and call Hertz.  I point out that my contract was for a "standard convertible" which can take 2 adults + 2 children and 2 suitcases (according to the car hire guide thingy).
They tell me they have no more 4 seat convertibles left so I'll have to wait until after the weekend to get one and they'll call me.
They never called me so I called them and throw my toys out of my pram.
I was told to bring the car back within 20mins and they'd have a 4 seater for me.  I do that and I see all these people collecting Mustang verts.  I throw them the keys back and I get told there are no Mustangs left, but they can upgrade me to a Lexus vert.  I wasn't happy about it but it was that or the MX5 so I took it.  Turns out it was a Toyota vert but was just a Toyota badged Lexus ugly coupe thing.  V6 and MUCH bigger.  It was umpteen times more comfortable, and you can't get them over here, but that isn't the point.

The Hertz club is now free (was $75) and if you are a member of that you get to reserve ther exact make and model of car that you want.  So from now on I'll do that.

Cunning Plan

dude that sucks!!

in Florida we watched loads of people pootle out in 'stangs etc .. we got a buick - was ok but very boring.. if i was old enough to drive back then i would of insisted on truck or vert!!
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)