Tomorrow you can ask your car maker to scrap your car.

Started by F Body, December 31, 2006, 08:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Yep the new "Whole Vehicle Directive" comes into force tomorrow 1st Jan 2007.
This means that your vehicle manuafacturer has to pay to re-cycle your unwanted car.
Of course there are loads of conditions like you delivering it to an approved treatment centre and it has to been a complete vehicle without any major missing parts.
A step in the right direction though, should encourage the manufactures to ensure more contents are recycleable

Rob

Quoting: F Body
should encourage the manufactures to ensure more contents are recycleable

more plasticcy interiors then

F Body

Quoting: Rob
more plasticcy interiors then

and fabrics made from Camel Dung

55starchief

Quoting: F Body

Yep the new "Whole Vehicle Directive" comes into force tomorrow 1st Jan 2007.
This means that your vehicle manuafacturer has to pay to re-cycle your unwanted car.
Of course there are loads of conditions like you delivering it to an approved treatment centre and it has to been a complete vehicle without any major missing parts.
A step in the right direction though, should encourage the manufactures to ensure more contents are recycleable

Yup same as you can with consumer electronics with the WEEE directive

Roadkill

Sounds daft to  me.

Good on paper, but I feel in real life it ain't gonna stop people dumping them on the street.

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill

Sounds daft to me.

Good on paper, but I feel in real life it ain't gonna stop people dumping them on the street.

It will still get payed for by the manufacturers. The way it works for WEEE is that all the manufacturers pay into a pot, the amount being decided by the amount of weight in tons. This fund then pays for the recycling of the device so even if the original manufacturer is no longer in business the other manufacturers will pick up the tab