Ah, bugger it.

Started by Jamieg285, January 08, 2007, 02:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamieg285

I knew I'd had my share of luck yesterday (For those that didn't hear, after putting my wheels back on, I left the locking wheel nut tool on the front wheel - Thankfully even after a 5 mile trip it was still there!)

Anyway, today my luck has switched - the power steering pump has died.  Not sure what went first, the main bolt or the bracket, but one is missing the other broken.  The pump fell, and lunched itself against the damper, so not even the reservoir can be salvaged

The only good thing is it went when I was doing a U'ey to get onto my drive after work, so didn't have to struggle far with it.

Can't do anything with it till Friday at the earliest, but at least that gives me time to gather the replacement bits (at a higher cost cos I need them now and can't wait for cheaper stuff from the states )

Ah well...

55starchief

if you can get the pump to the barn i am there allday friday, we can then check it against the 2 pumps i have and maybe gut lucky so that you can go the cheap way in a couple of weeks time

philoldsmobile

must be the day for it, dads alternator has started squealing like a pig today....

£200 sheets for a new one! Usless were considerably sheaper than JWR too, they wanter £300 sheets!

Jamieg285

Quoting: 55starchief
if you can get the pump to the barn i am there allday friday, we can then check it against the 2 pumps i have and maybe gut lucky so that you can go the cheap way in a couple of weeks time

I did consider that, but I think I'll just go for all new stuff.

I'll might pop by anyway as I'll be going up to Silverstone to sort out the plumbing requirements.

55starchief

Quoting: Jamieg285

I did consider that, but I think I'll just go for all new stuff.

was just thinking it might buy you some time to get the stuff from the USA

Jamieg285

Quoting: 55starchief
was just thinking it might buy you some time to get the stuff from the USA

I'll see that UK prices I get before making a final decision.

Is the pump you got from P&S new or used?

55starchief

Quoting: Jamieg285
Is the pump you got from P&S new or used?

both used, but they look good and would/should be fine in the short term

Jamieg285

OK, if JW and USAutos don't have stock, any suggestions for anyone in the UK that will?

Roadkill

Cas-Am - Castleford American ? Never dealt with them . . . ?