1st public Bugatti crash in UK !

Started by F Body, March 05, 2007, 12:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Yep the first public crash of a Veyron happened today in the UK

No details of where or how yet, but that is going to hurt someones insurance claim

F Body

Dam can't quite make out the road number

F Body

Quote " it's thought that a pool of water on the road caused the AWD supercar to lose traction and then spin out of control, sending it head first into a ditch on a road near Shepperton in the UK "

Still it will probably buff out

CJ-IROCZ

Is it A578 ?

Thats horrible to see. maybe even a right off ?? i cant imagine parts being cheap / easy to get hold of

Roadkill

Looks like a cross between an MG and a TT.

They something special, then ?

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill

They something special, then ?

$1,000,000 price tag and a W16 engine

Roadkill

They look Pug-ugly.

I suppose there are people stupid enough to pay that money . .

Hehehe, A pool of water foils a $1m super car . . . . My £2000 Camaro can be forgiven for being lose in the wet, then.

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Roadkill
They something special, then

1001BHP

256mph..

you could say that!

FUBAR

Quoting: philoldsmobile
1001BHP

that very convinient figure proven then is it?  its not 74hp short like the Shelby GT500...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Rocky

Not much point owning a car like that if you obviously cant do the speed.

ianjpage

Hmm bet mr insurance man love that phone call!!

Jo

I love these cars they I would like one of these if i won the lottery but the chances of that happening are slim to non

Very sad to see it in such a state hope the driver was ok.

Shifty

Cant say I'm a big fan of the car but it is a shame to see one in that sort of condition.

This will however be fixed, a friend of mines mums lambo got hit by a lorry and ended up in worse condition than this, they fixed that. All the panels are carbon fiber and can be removed and replaced. They will most likely remove the whole front end and replace it. Even if it costs £250,000 to fix that is still only 1/4 of the original price tag.

The car does not have 10001 BHP, this is an advertising ploy, it has 1001PS which works out about from memory 997BHP. still allot of ponies though.

Just for peoples information it doesn't come from the factory with this power, when you get the car it has around 750BHP. Once the engine is run in and you are used to the car you make a call to a special number, a man in a van turns up with a computer to re-program the ECU and fits a set of Michelin tyres rated to 250MPH. This obviously costs you nothing, and for a million quid I would expect not to pay anything more.

Fieldy

awesome cars......the picture doesnt do it justice....

http://imageshack.us\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

http://imageshack.us\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

However. personally I see no reason to own such a car as you can't do those speeds anywhere here.....but thats just me talking tripe, if i could afford to. of course I would.

Isn't there a stupid fact about these, they are built by VW, and were built just simply to show they could. VW lose hundreds of thousands of pounds everytime

F Body

Quoting: Fieldy
Isn't there a stupid fact about these, they are built by VW, and were built just simply to show they could. VW lose hundreds of thousands of pounds everytime

Yes they are the car bargain of a life time

Although they sell for 1 million Euro's each one is estimated to cost VW 5 million Euro's to build

Jamieg285

Just found a report on this one elsewhere....

The Bugatti is owned by a businessman in his 40s who runs a car hire and management company with his brothers.

Outside their home yesterday a man claimed he had rented it to the driver for £20,000 a day and that it was bought for £925,000 — more than the list price.

Oops.

55starchief

Quoting: Jamieg285

Just found a report on this one elsewhere....

The Bugatti is owned by a businessman in his 40s who runs a car hire and management company with his brothers.

Outside their home yesterday a man claimed he had rented it to the driver for £20,000 a day and that it was bought for £925,000 — more than the list price.

Oops.

Thats quite common, i know my dad was looking at one of those companies. You get so many points per year that lets you drive the cars in the collection. From memory the one he was looking at was £15k a year. Its all a tax write off as its car hire

Pod

Quoting: F Body
Although they sell for 1 million Euro's each one is estimated to cost VW 5 million Euro's to build

Each car doesn't cost that much to make.
However, if you take the research and development costs and split it between the number of cars built, *then* you get a number like that.

Fieldy

The London evening prints have A small write-up regarding this crash.....This is what they say.....

'Motorists may have seen the costliest car crash ever, involving the world's most expensive roadworthy car.
The £840,000 Bugatti Veyron veered out of control and hit A Vauxhall Astra while doing about 100mph in A 40mph zone in Chertsey, Surrey, On Sunday.'

Fieldy

Quoting: Fieldy
100mph in A 40mph

If thats true......

Serves him right!!

HardRockCamaro

I tend to agree with RK.

I'm not a big fan of the car and can think of several other supercars I'd prefer for a lot less cash.
Yes it has the fastest top speed but that doesn't interest me and I've never been a Bugatti fan anyway.

It seems quite nicely finished (in the right colour) and Im sure it's a great bit of kit but it's far too expensive imho.  As for what it costs to build, I suspect that figure includes the research time and everytihng divided by number of cars sold plus some rounding up etc.