NEW Camaro in Right Hand Drive !

Started by F Body, March 08, 2007, 02:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Yep the General has announced

"That all future Chevrolet products will be built to accomodate left- or right-hand drive.
It will take five or six years for the process to be completed, since certain vehicles like the Chevy HHR were never developed with right-hand drive in mind and must complete their product cycles before right-hand drive can be engineered into their designs.
New and upcoming vehicles, however, will be available soon.
This includes the upcoming Camaro, for instance, will be capable of being built in right-hand drive"

Basically all to do with being able to sell them in Austrailia, Japan and South Africa

rebeltrucker

Hmm interesting. Now i wonder if the Ram will follow suit with the new Challenger?

55starchief

Quoting: rebeltrucker
Hmm interesting. Now i wonder if the Ram will follow suit with the new Challenger?

i would think so seeing as it probably shares the same platform as a 300C

Fieldy

either or....I like that since showing everyone my 4th gen pictures (still not got it in the flesh!), they all say....

'ooo, left hand drive eh?'

Its nice in a way!

300bhp per ton

umm interesting, doubt we will see anything for many many years though.

Besides there's just not something quite right about a RHD Amercian car.

Fieldy

Quoting: 300bhp per ton
Besides there's just not something quite right about a RHD Amercian car.

Its simply not a US version IMO, its been converted to a RHD, making it a non-yank

Jamieg285

I bet the RHD ones will be dumbed down versions too.

In the very unlikely event of me going for one, I'd most likely go the LHD import version.

FUBAR

Quoting: Jamieg285
In the very unlikely event of me going for one, I'd most likely go the LHD import version.

Indeed, i'd love one, but it would definately be an import. (If I can afford it!! )
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...