MK MOT Garage's

Started by DanC, March 28, 2007, 07:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanC

Could anyone suggest a good place to take a yank for it's MOT.
Waiting for tyres to arrive, then i need to get it in for it's mot.

Thanks in advance.

Rocky

If you get stuck we have a good guy that does them fr us or we can take it in for you. We are in Watford though

Titsy

Roadkill just had his 3rd gen and Caddy done at this place...

Quoting: Roadkill
Water Eaton industrial estate . . . near bletchley.

Andy Oils the place.

Rob

Quoting: Titsy
Andy Oils

friend of a friend.....

Tell him "Gracies mate Rob with the white T/A recommended him"

Roadkill

The whole mob at Andy Oils are good guys.

My brother, Marcus, does body repair down there and most of the others I've known for some time.

They'll be fair with you, Mate.

DanC

Thanks Guys, Going to ask the Fast Fit guy's in Old Wolverton first, as they are changes my front tires, once they have arrived to our shores that is.

DanC

They failed it, for no side repeaters - boooo

and for front middle seat which cannot be secured in an upright position.

last time I go there.

Spoken to Mildenhall AC, they will do my mot for free, as they did the SVA in Feb.

just got a book a day off work, as they are not open at weekends

Roadkill

Bad news . . . but MoT'ers are bloody finicky nowadays . . .

F Body

Quoting: DanC
They failed it, for no side repeaters - boooo  

Bummer Mate

Hope you get it sorted.

DanC

Thanks chap, guess it serve's me right for not listening to you guys, and not going to Andy's oil in Fenny.

From speaking to a few people, appears I got done by a jobsworth, 2 other ram owners I spoke to, don't have side repeaters either.

guess us yank owners need to avoid the fast fit places

F Body

Also remember that with the new computerized MOT system now being over one year old, all the details of your old MOT and the recent failure are availble within two seconds to any suitable camera equipped police car
Just worth being in mind in case you current MOT expires before you can get it re-tested

Jamieg285

Quoting: F Body
Also remember that with the new computerized MOT system now being over one year old, all the details of your old MOT and the recent failure are availble within two seconds to any suitable camera equipped police car  
Just worth being in mind in case you current MOT expires before you can get it re-tested

Yep, also, when you got for your next MOT, they look up all the advisory items from the last year and check they been sorted.

DanC

Thanks guys, mot run out already, cannot get it sorted till next friday now.

Motorama

I used to take my motors to a garage in Redhill as they were yank friendly and did all Dream Cars stuff when i was working. Might try Andy Oils my self now. Truck is due in May and the 56 Caddy in August.

Roadkill

Quoting: Motorama
Might try Andy Oils my self now. Truck is due in May and the 56 Caddy in August.

Give us a shout before and I'll "pre-warn" them.

Motorama

Quoting: Roadkill
Give us a shout before and I'll "pre-warn" them.

Will do, cheers